The Student Room Group

Let's Be Friends! Introduce Yourself

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gwaggy
Seriously?? I could sleep for a week if my alarm clock let me! I wish we could trade! I slept through a job interview once; that was fun explaining.

Now this I am interested in hearing about hahaha.

You gotta share!
Original post by theonecenter
Now this I am interested in hearing about hahaha.

You gotta share!

It was from 6-8.30pm and I accidentally fell asleep whilst getting ready and woke up at 8... Ran there and was like oops. Needless to say but I did not get the job.

Worst bit is the job was with my university so I see the interviewers all the time...
Original post by gwaggy
It was from 6-8.30pm and I accidentally fell asleep whilst getting ready and woke up at 8... Ran there and was like oops. Needless to say but I did not get the job.

Worst bit is the job was with my university so I see the interviewers all the time...

I don't mean to be discourage at all, but falling asleep mid-interview hahaha...needless to say I do not blame you at all
I don't mean to be discourage at all, but falling asleep mid-interview hahaha...needless to say I do not blame you at all

:P

I'm just one of those people who realllllly likes their sleep.

Though I'd advise not sleeping through interviews....

Good luck for your game
Original post by gwaggy
:P

I'm just one of those people who realllllly likes their sleep.

Though I'd advise not sleeping through interviews....

Good luck for your game

I wish I loved it as much as you and others do on here haha.

I'll leave the love for my girlfriend hahaha.

And thanks! I'll let you all know how it goes :smile: We should all update each other on here too
Reply 85
I used to play GK and GA, thanks to being 6ft 4 haha!

Trust me it'll be awesome on your Personal Statement. What subject are you thinking of doing?

Wow! Yeah, that would but you at a real advantage! Just wondering if u were American as basketball seems to be the big thing over there haha!:tongue:

I'm not sure, either something to do with Classics or possible M.E/CFS/ invisible illnesses..? Classics would be related to the degree I want to do but the other would show I'm really interested in something else :colondollar::s-smilie: What are you doing yours on?
Original post by fuzz13
Wow! Yeah, that would but you at a real advantage! Just wondering if u were American as basketball seems to be the big thing over there haha!:tongue:

I'm not sure, either something to do with Classics or possible M.E/CFS/ invisible illnesses..? Classics would be related to the degree I want to do but the other would show I'm really interested in something else :colondollar::s-smilie: What are you doing yours on?

Haha funnily enough, I'm in the process of trying to secure a scholarship for basketball in the United States. Believe me, perhaps one of the most difficult things I will ever endure!

It all depends on the competitivity of the course if that makes sense? Like if it was highly competitive, then I'd recommend doing it around the degree, as it shows a real extended research in the degree, and that you have a genuine interest about it.

Mine is about Dentistry, and what its future is. However, I'm a Dental School Reject who's doing Pharmacy now, so it looks somewhat odd haha, however the underlying theme is still there: Change The World (as cliché as it sounds...)
Original post by fuzz13

Hey, haven't read many other posts but your comment on invisible illnesses caught my eye.

What are you doing with mention to those?

I have an obsession with invisible disabilities and the discrimination related to it.

I have EDS-III, otherwise known as Hypermobility Syndrome. It's closely related to M.E/CFS. :smile:
Hi, I will be 69 next month. I have 7 children, 16 grandchildren, and I'm 2ndyear Criminology. X
Reply 89
I was brought up with theonecenter haha, but we could use Big A?

Or does it have to be all one word

Big A can be done :smile:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Thanks for reminding me, Wednesday/Thursday I should be free :smile:

Noice
Original post by wolfmoon88
Is it subjects in general or does it have to follow a curriculum?

Posted from TSR Mobile

General
Reply 90
Haha funnily enough, I'm in the process of trying to secure a scholarship for basketball in the United States. Believe me, perhaps one of the most difficult things I will ever endure!

It all depends on the competitivity of the course if that makes sense? Like if it was highly competitive, then I'd recommend doing it around the degree, as it shows a real extended research in the degree, and that you have a genuine interest about it.

Mine is about Dentistry, and what its future is. However, I'm a Dental School Reject who's doing Pharmacy now, so it looks somewhat odd haha, however the underlying theme is still there: Change The World (as cliché as it sounds...)

Wow! Good luck with the scholarship! :smile:

Yeah.. I need to think about that... What's pharmacy like? It's not really a subject I've come across much before :h:
Reply 91
Original post by gwaggy
Hey, haven't read many other posts but your comment on invisible illnesses caught my eye.

What are you doing with mention to those?

I have an obsession with invisible disabilities and the discrimination related to it.

I have EDS-III, otherwise known as Hypermobility Syndrome. It's closely related to M.E/CFS. :smile:

Hiya! I've heard about hypermobility syndrome before :cute: Yeah, it's a really interesting topic that I think would be good to explore further. I was thinking I might do an EPQ related to something along those lines, but not quite sure at the moment how I would come up with a question since it's such a broad subject!
Original post by fuzz13
Hiya! I've heard about hypermobility syndrome before :cute: Yeah, it's a really interesting topic that I think would be good to explore further. I was thinking I might do an EPQ related to something along those lines, but not quite sure at the moment how I would come up with a question since it's such a broad subject!

Yes! It's really interesting but might be difficult to write about as there isn't much research or information on those disorders.

I did my EPQ about how appropriate fairy tales really are for children.

If however you do do your EPQ on this, I can always help out if needed as I obviously know quite a lot :smile:
I study AS heath and social, A-level applied science and level 3 textiles. oh and gcse maths as a i failed, how about you??
Original post by Kyx
Big A can be done :smile:

Thanks for making me a part! DM me and we can get this started ASAP :smile:

Original post by fuzz13
Wow! Good luck with the scholarship! :smile:

Yeah.. I need to think about that... What's pharmacy like? It's not really a subject I've come across much before :h:

Thanks very much! It's a very good course, I'm yet to start it but I have secured my place for the next academic year haha :smile:

Original post by Joanna_Plater
I study AS heath and social, A-level applied science and level 3 textiles. oh and gcse maths as a i failed, how about you??

That's an awesome combination :smile: I study A Level Biology, Chemistry, French and EPQ!
Thanks for making me a part! DM me and we can get this started ASAP :smile:

Thanks very much! It's a very good course, I'm yet to start it but I have secured my place for the next academic year haha :smile:

That's an awesome combination :smile: I study A Level Biology, Chemistry, French and EPQ!

what year are you in??
what year are you in??

I'm Year 13, or second year of College, whichever floats your boat haha

You?
I'm Year 13, or second year of College, whichever floats your boat haha

You?

Im currently in year 12. My first year haha
Im currently in year 12. My first year haha

That's awesome! Haha, how are you finding it?
That's awesome! Haha, how are you finding it?

very different than year 11. teachers are more laid back though which is good.

Quick Reply