The Student Room Group

Bad Mock Exam Results. Help needed

I did my GCSE Mock Exams and I got my results which I'm mostly disappointed about.
English Lit (AQA)- 6(9-1) , English Language 6(AQA) 6(9-1)
Maths(Edexcel) -5(9-1) , Biology(AQA triple science) -B
Chemistry(AQA triple science) - A , Physics (AQA triple science) -A
History(Edexcel) - B , Economics(OCR) - B
French(Edexcel) - B , Computing(Edexcel) - B , RS(AQA) - A

I'm expected A* for every subject bar French(A). I know now I'm going to revise from now. My only problem is I don't know how to revise properly. My question is: How do I revise properly & improve my understanding of topics I may find difficult as I don't know how I revise best, all I know is I like watching videos
Revision is a very personal thing and we all have our own style. Therefore it is difficult for us to tell you how to revise
Honestly with GCSEs do loads of past papers. I went from a C in my Spanish mock in January to an A* in my actual exam because I did loads of past papers. Also look at where you missed marks in your mocks. For me it was because I wasn't using the key words so I literally memorised the mark scheme and kept a note of the questions I got wrong then went over the mark schemes.
You can make revision notes if you want but personally I don't find them useful because I know I won't look at it again.
Also I know these results were disappointing to you and I was disappointed with my year 11 mock results too but I did so much better in my actual exams. Teachers sometimes tend to mark harsher and in the actual exam you may get marks more easily :smile: good luck!
Original post by bendent1234
Revision is a very personal thing and we all have our own style. Therefore it is difficult for us to tell you how to revise

@letmethink
@craig'n'dave

Quick Reply

Latest