Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Long distance relationship tips? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any LDR people out there, share your tips please?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by moonziggy)
    Any LDR people out there, share your tips please?
    How long the distance?
    Do you have an end game?

Effort into communicating and working to some agreed guidelines.
    Dont treat it like a normal relationship but adapt to the pros and cons of ldr.

ReputationRep:
    Well Im from Bulgaria and my bf is from South Korea. We've been together for 2 years now and meet every summer when it's vacation. Im 19 and he is 26. xDD We plan to marry someday but time will tell. LDR is easier than normal relationships for me. I talk to him everyday, even tho the time difference is pretty big. Skype is suuuper important, even if u have to do stuff, it's nice studying together both with muted mics and just looking at each other sometimes or having a meal together and talking about each other's day. But I would say it gets pretty lonely sometimes, especially when you want to cuddle. But hey, if you love that person and he/she loves u back, it's a smooth ride, you just gotta be patient.
    Just make sure to have a goal in mind. Our first one was meeting for the first time. If you have a goal, you have something to strive for. And if u feel like the time is passing too slowly, you can always occupy yourself with a hobby or learning new things (for example I love languages and occupied my time with learning korean and russian). And remember that nothing is impossible. I literally had to save my lunch money everyday for a few months and starved at school just so I can buy a plane ticket. If I can do it, you can do it too. Make sure you always look out for sales and buy early. ^^
    In the end all the waiting is worth it. :3

ReputationRep:
    Was in one for two years; I ended it last year but not because of the distance.

Honestly, there's nothing you can do to make the waiting any better. Skype is brilliant and can bridge that gap somewhat. But honestly, just make that waiting worthwhile. Spend the time inbetween seeing each other planning, keep them interested; send them letters, send them roses, text their friends asking them to do something/take them somewhere on your behalf

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.