Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I really can't decide over Coventry or DMU for Business and management. Both of them are good uni but I don't know which to choose. Does anyone have any pros about either? Thanks xoxo
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mia mai)
    Hi everyone,

I really can't decide over Coventry or DMU for Business and management. Both of them are good uni but I don't know which to choose. Does anyone have any pros about either? Thanks xoxo
    You've got months to make this decision - why not visit (or visit again, arrange to stay over in halls and explore the social and living side of each of them).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mia mai)
    Hi everyone,

Hi mia mai,
    Its great to hear you're considering us for your studies.
    PQ has some great advice!
    Have you visited for an open day yet? Deciding where to study for the next 3 years can be a pretty daunting decision, but I found visiting the University really helped me make my mind up. I got to see the campus, check out the facilities and support services available, have a look around the city, and meet the teaching staff on the course. I also got to meet current students and ask them lots of questions, which all really helped. You can find info on our open days here.
    Best of luck with the big decision! And don't forget to drop us a tweet if you visit one of our open days!
    ^Josh
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    ...arrange to stay over in halls and explore the social and living side of each of them.
    Is this possible? How? Since when? Im being deadly serious
    I thought there isn't much time left, it's only 16 weeks away until exams begin.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    Is this possible? How? Since when? Im being deadly serious
    I thought there isn't much time left, it's only 16 weeks away until exams begin.
    phone the accommodation or conferencing team and ask

It usually isn't free but shouldn't cost much. Lots of universities have visitor/guest rooms or rooms set aside for conferencing/short stays...or will be happy to fill any empty rooms with someone looking for short term accommodation.

http://www.dmu.ac.uk/about-dmu/dmu-e...mmodation.aspx
    http://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-c...ation-choices/ (under the "Other" tab )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.