Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    if I leave it for a while will it affect the likelihood of getting my desired accommodation ?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWSMUDGE99)
    if I leave it for a while will it affect the likelihood of getting my desired accommodation ?
    It depends on the university but you shouldn't rush your decision and the university shouldnt have a too early deadline to apply for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWSMUDGE99)

I can’t speak for all other unis, but at the university of derby, if you put them as your firm choice, you’re guaranteed to get accommodation in halls. The later you leave this, the less choice you’ll have over which halls you get but you’re guaranteed to get somewhere and to be honest all other halls here are nice so it’s not much to worry about. Have a look at your chosen universities policies over this, if they have a similar one to derby, I would just take your time choosing as you will get accommodation and you don’t want to rush your decision if you can avoid it.

Hope this helps,

Molly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.