Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most controversial topics of today? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What topics stir 21st century humans up? What are they most drawn to, and why are they drawn to them?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    One word; Immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychedeliyaa)
    What topics stir 21st century humans up? What are they most drawn to, and why are they drawn to them?
    Apparently the legalisation debate seeing as I can't find the thread anywhere and whenever I click to reply on my quote notifications I get an error message saying that I followed an invalid link :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Apparently the legalisation debate seeing as I can't find the thread anywhere and whenever I click to reply on my quote notifications I get an error message saying that I followed an invalid link :lol:
    Same here mate and I was the thread starter. I contacted TSR about it and they said they delete threads discussing illegal things. I don't see that to be true.

ReputationRep:
    gay people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychedeliyaa)
    Same here mate and I was the thread starter. I contacted TSR about it and they said they delete threads discussing illegal things. I don't see that to be true.
    Kinda totalitarian on their behalf. I've asked them before about the possibility of starting a Stoner Society, and they said (to paraphrase) "No, we can't do that because we can't be seen to be encouraging and/or condoning illegal activity".

Ok, that's fair enough, and there are enough sites to go on if I wanted to talk to fellow herb enthusiasts. But a discussion revolving around the benefits and negatives of legalisation? Come on guys, social change isn't going to happen all the while people in position of authority are shutting down any rational discourse that revolves around certain subject matter.

I doubt any will bother replying to this, but are there any Mods out there watching this thread who can weigh in on this apparent point of contention, preferably speaking for themselves as people instead of speaking as Mods of the site?
    Make a dupe account and post from a different IP address if you have to; I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on this, because discussing the aspects of legality surrounding something =/= encouraging illegal behaviour.

And if the reply that's going to come is "there's enough threads about it already, we don't need any more", then don't bother; there are plenty of threads on Islam and feminism, neither of which get shut down unless they turn particularly vitriolic, so we all know that that's a bit of a cop-out of a reason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.