Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I currently hold two offers for both of the above courses but unsure of which one to actually study in September (Even after attending both of the course interview's / open days.)

Does anyone else here hold offers for the above courses?

Also - regarding accommodation; are student halls a good option? What is the rent like per month? I am an international student and don't know London very well yet. I am hoping to live with my boyfriend but would student halls be viable for a couple to live in?

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlisonMargaret)
    Hi there! I currently hold two offers for both of the above courses but unsure of which one to actually study in September (Even after attending both of the course interview's / open days.)

Does anyone else here hold offers for the above courses?

Also - regarding accommodation; are student halls a good option? What is the rent like per month? I am an international student and don't know London very well yet. I am hoping to live with my boyfriend but would student halls be viable for a couple to live in?

Thank You
    Hey there - can't answer your question regarding the MA programs, but I was an international student, enrolled in the MA Media and Communications program at City U last year.

Student Halls can be very expensive. I lived in Pure City (that's the student hall City U uses for graduate students) for about 3 months (moved out due to various reasons) and the studio cost about £1000 per month. The en-suite/shared kitchen option is cheaper, but you have to be ok with sharing a kitchen with other people. I ended up moving to Canto Court (near Old Street Station), had a much better experience (would highly recommend it), but it cost over £1200 per month. I believe you're not allowed to share any of the rooms with another person, unless you specifically pay for a 'couples' room. They do room check-ins to make sure the room is in good shape.

You'll probably be better off looking for non-student accommodation. It's usually cheaper. Good luck!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.