Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am a Scottish S5 candidate, and I'm currently doing 5 highers: maths, chemistry, geography, biology and English. My predicted grades at the moment are AAABB respectively. My teacher told me I was at the cusp of an A in English, and thinks I could achieve quite well on the exam day. I know my grades right now aren't of a medical-student standard yet. I was wondering whether if I put in loads of hard work and dedication, would I be able to have a chance at attending MS? I do understand there is a lot of competition and there quite some people in my year that are sitting at 5As. Another question, I want to apply for a Medic insight week-long programme but in order to get in, you have to provide your predicted grades and a series of statement. Considering my predicted grades, what are the chances of me getting picked? Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    You need a good set of grades. All A's if possible- especially in sciences and maths. When applying for medicine, iirc you may be made a conditional on the basis of AH's.

I had a friend who achieved AAABB. She was rejected from all choices except from one. And an undeniably huge factor in her acceptance was the fact she came from an access programme (for deprived state schools). Aside from this, her interview skills, enthusiasm and work experience were stellar. She had a conditional offer and had to achieve 2 B's at AH, and one of these to be AH bio.

Make sure you have work experience and volunteering before you send off your UCAS application.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.