Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me!!! Gcse english language retake Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so basically, i got a C grade on my GCSE english language grade and almost 2 years later im applying at Surrey Uni for Psychology and Sociology. This course requires a B in both maths and English. With a C in English and a D (currently retaking) Maths GCSE they have given me a conditional offer. Being top 10 in the UK for both subjects I REALLY want to get in and i'm retaking my english privately because of it..

what is the course for 2017 May/June entry?

Course code with AQA?

not the newest English language as i have no idea what the new syllabus consists of. What are the course codes for the retakes from 2016? its relatively the same questions and styles so I would just need to practice and pull up my old notes?

PLEASE HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cannotseegreen)
    so basically, i got a C grade on my GCSE english language grade and almost 2 years later im applying at Surrey Uni for Psychology and Sociology. This course requires a B in both maths and English. With a C in English and a D (currently retaking) Maths GCSE they have given me a conditional offer. Being top 10 in the UK for both subjects I REALLY want to get in and i'm retaking my english privately because of it..

what is the course for 2017 May/June entry?

Course code with AQA?

not the newest English language as i have no idea what the new syllabus consists of. What are the course codes for the retakes from 2016? its relatively the same questions and styles so I would just need to practice and pull up my old notes?

PLEASE HELP
    You have one last chance to carry forward existing controlled assessment marks and take the old specification in resits this summer. You will find that not every centre is offering this resit and so need to move extremely quickly to book your exams. Entries will be done literally over the next few days. Have a look at the results documents and certificates that you received, they should make it clear which specification you took.
    It is likely that the specification is this one
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/engli...-language-4705
    The course and unit codes are detailed in the specification document.
    It is possible of course that you took the combined English language and literature GCSE, only you can work that out. If you are struggling, call the exams office at your old school and ask for help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    you have one last chance to carry forward existing controlled assessment marks and take the old specification in resits this summer. You will find that not every centre is offering this resit and so need to move extremely quickly to book your exams. Entries will be done literally over the next few days. Have a look at the results documents and certificates that you received, they should make it clear which specification you took.
    It is likely that the specification is this one
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/engli...-language-4705
    the course and unit codes are detailed in the specification document.
    It is possible of course that you took the combined english language and literature gcse, only you can work that out. If you are struggling, call the exams office at your old school and ask for help.

posted from tsr mobile
    thank you so much <3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.