Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys!

I've been invited to an 'informal' interview at Warwick Law School.

Does anyone have any advice/hints/tips either from personal experience or from having experience in these types of things that they could impart?

Also, I was given a scenario to write an essay about which I had to submit before I was given my interview date, am I right in thinking this could play a part in the proceedings or will it be a fact-finding getting to know me kind of 'informal' interview?

I invert informal because I'm not quite sure if this is referring to a relaxed and not in smart attire, but still very focused atmosphere or just what it says on the tin, informal - I'm not quite sure and I couldn't really find a lot of information out there, especially for a Warwick interview.

Anything you have would be appreciated as I go tomorrow! :-)

R

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rastor1)
    Hi Guys!

I've been invited to an 'informal' interview at Warwick Law School.

Does anyone have any advice/hints/tips either from personal experience or from having experience in these types of things that they could impart?

Also, I was given a scenario to write an essay about which I had to submit before I was given my interview date, am I right in thinking this could play a part in the proceedings or will it be a fact-finding getting to know me kind of 'informal' interview?

I invert informal because I'm not quite sure if this is referring to a relaxed and not in smart attire, but still very focused atmosphere or just what it says on the tin, informal - I'm not quite sure and I couldn't really find a lot of information out there, especially for a Warwick interview.

Anything you have would be appreciated as I go tomorrow! :-)

R
    I went for interview on the same day. Have you heard back from them? I haven't and starting to get worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur787)
    I went for interview on the same day. Have you heard back from them? I haven't and starting to get worried.
    I have a feeling that you went in before me - my interview was at twelve and I was talking to a girl who told me they were lovely and not to worry! Was that you?

Yes, I heard back on Monday and was made an offer. I wouldn't worry just yet though as it came through late evening (the others I've received all have ironically). I also did some probing before I was made the offer and was advised by E-mail that decisions from the interviews were being passed on for processing this week so hopefully, you will be hearing back very soon.

All being well as a fellow mature student, it would be cool to keep in contact considering we're a very small minority (pun intended if you are who I think you are), and if things didn't go so well it still may be a good idea because we may have applied to some of the same institutions!

Wishing you all the best with the application,

Roman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rastor1)
    I have a feeling that you went in before me - my interview was at twelve and I was talking to a girl who told me they were lovely and not to worry! Was that you?

Yes, I heard back on Monday and was made an offer. I wouldn't worry just yet though as it came through late evening (the others I've received all have ironically). I also did some probing before I was made the offer and was advised by E-mail that decisions from the interviews were being passed on for processing this week so hopefully, you will be hearing back very soon.

All being well as a fellow mature student, it would be cool to keep in contact considering we're a very small minority (pun intended if you are who I think you are), and if things didn't go so well it still may be a good idea because we may have applied to some of the same institutions!

Wishing you all the best with the application,

Roman
    No my interview was later. It's starting to appear ominous for me. I had a feeling my answers were not that substantial. Thanks for the advice though 😓

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.