Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex boyfriend feels I have cheated on him Watch

ReputationRep:
    You haven't done anything wrong, he is just trying to shift the blame for the break up from himself onto you. You sleeping with someone has no effect on your relationship. I would be wondering if he is actually deflecting his own unfaithfulness onto you? Maybe he cheated? Regardless, whether you slept with this person or not you would still be broken up, he might say otherwise but he broke up with you.

ReputationRep:
    Ah that week " break" is so dangerous.
    Deny deny deny - always, the tactic guys always use.

What you need to do is give him space don't come off desperate or beg it will push him away even more.

ReputationRep:
    wth, you broke up, he has no say or authority. You're better off without him
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by xobeauty)
    Ah that week " break" is so dangerous.
    Deny deny deny - always, the tactic guys always use.

What you need to do is give him space don't come off desperate or beg it will push him away even more.
    It wasn't a break, they actually broke up.

ReputationRep:
    You're well rid. You have not cheated on him. You have done nothing wrong. The fact he is trying to blame you and make you feel guilty speaks volumes about the type of person he is.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, you were together three years and it only took you a week to smash another guy... I'd be salty too, doesn't mean your ex is totally over you. There was probably a chance of you guys getting back together.

Give him space no contact.

ReputationRep:
    He broke up with you. Stupid Rachel. I'd be pissed if someone broke up with me then hopped into someones bed right after but vice versa? Get lost, if you want me don't end it.

ReputationRep:
    well it was bad for u to sleep with someone else a few days later so i can understand why hes upset cos he probably wasnt planning to split up with u for good i guess if u want him back then ur just gonna have to try and make it up to him but he might never get over it and always bring it up if u have an argument

ReputationRep:
    You were within your rights to sleep with someone else, though personally I think it's shameful behaviour to sleep with someone else immediately after you've just broke up with someone... but I digress. Whatever the case, if you broke up, had sex with someone while broken up and then got back together, I think it might have been best in the first place to be truthful with him about what happened while you were "on a break". You should have known he'd find out, and it's never good finding this sort of thing out from someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blameitontiffany)
    You guys broke up. You could do whatever you want. His ego is just hurt.
    Perhaps he didn't want to get back with an ex who had also slept with their mutual friend. If he's uncomfortable with that then that's acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blameitontiffany)
    You guys broke up. You could do whatever you want. His ego is just hurt.
    Ditto.
    100%
    End of.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.