The Student Room Group

Muslim and Sikh Relationship advice?

I've been going through a difficult time I'm a muslim girl and my boyfriend is a sikh. I know this is wrong religiously and my family would never tolerate it. I fear they would be so disappointed they would disown me. I love my boyfriend and I know I should break up with him but the thought of not being with him gives me anxiety. I'm currently studying medicine and whenever i think about breaking up with i struggle to focus on my studies.

On the other side of this story my friend tried to set me up with a muslim guy who is perfect, he is everything i could ask for and is interested in me. I know i should leave my boyfriend as we can never be together, my family mean too much to me for me to lose them.

How do i go about ending things and coping with this throughout uni? Do you think ending things is the right thing to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
If your family would disown you for this, then they don't love you. If you love your boyfriend, then don't leave him. Your family should not decide who you date and who you shouldn't, that is some seriously regressive stuff. Take some control in your life stand up for what you know is right. Silly religious beliefs should not get in the way of your happiness and they should understand that. If not, you should not care what they think
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've been going through a difficult time I'm a muslim girl and my boyfriend is a sikh. I know this is wrong religiously and my family would never tolerate it. I fear they would be so disappointed they would disown me. I love my boyfriend and I know I should break up with him but the thought of not being with him gives me anxiety. I'm currently studying medicine and whenever i think about breaking up with i struggle to focus on my studies.

On the other side of this story my friend tried to set me up with a muslim guy who is perfect, he is everything i could ask for and is interested in me. I know i should leave my boyfriend as we can never be together, my family mean too much to me for me to lose them.

How do i go about ending things and coping with this throughout uni? Do you think ending things is the right thing to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi hope you are well,

I know this thread is very old however I am in a very similar situation where I’m in a relationship with a Sikh man. How did it turn out for you, are you still together and did you manage to tell your parents?

Would appreciate some advise, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending