ReputationRep:
    cdc

ReputationRep:
    Why move on?

ReputationRep:
    You're going to regret it ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your parents do not have the right to dictate your personal, especially since you are a young adult at university. If they are bigoted enough disapprove your relationship on the basis of his religion, then you should ignore your parents and take responsibility for your own pleasures and happiness.

ReputationRep:
    Coz it's quite possible that u will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They can't control u. You're not their slave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    U don't choose who u fall in love with. Do u love him or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alright, good luck if you've already decided.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, it's not. Are u sure that they won't accept him? coz u said that they're not that religious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Moving on will be hard and will probably take time but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is she religious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is your Sikh boyfriend willing to covert to Islam? If so, then your parents might be fine with your relationship and all is well.

You have to decide what is more important - your family and faith or this guy.

As a Muslim, I would say stick with the former because family is for life and you shouldn't have to compromise your faith or family for him. I understand it is a difficult decision to make and you can't help who you love.

Also, the other guy who is Muslim may end up being someone you love even more than your current boyfriend so you may end up getting everything you want without the sacrifice of staying with your current boyfriend who may or may not stay with you in the end. Is he asking for your hand in marriage? Providing you are both of appropriate, and he doesn't intend to marry you or stay with you in the long-run, then you might as well cut your losses now before causing tension with your parents.

ReputationRep:
    How long is his hair under that turban? :turban:

ReputationRep:
    She's a hypocrite then lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhyma95)
    wow, what a comment. Pretty long, not as long as mine though haha
    I doubt he will convert then if he is so observant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A true Sikh will never convert.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is your Sikh boyfriend willing to covert to Islam? If so, then your parents might be fine with your relationship and all is well.

You have to decide what is more important - your family and faith or this guy.

As a Muslim, I would say stick with the former because family is for life and you shouldn't have to compromise your faith or family for him. I understand it is a difficult decision to make and you can't help who you love.

Also, the other guy who is Muslim may end up being someone you love even more than your current boyfriend so you may end up getting everything you want without the sacrifice of staying with your current boyfriend who may or may not stay with you in the end. Is he asking for your hand in marriage? Providing you are both of appropriate, and he doesn't intend to marry you or stay with you in the long-run, then you might as well cut your losses now before causing tension with your parents.
    Suuuup I-SOC crew

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel like Islam is more about converting others, controlling people and following rules than it is about spirituality, love or god. And it doesn't even let people fall in love.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In Islam a Muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non Muslim man.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.