Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

Last year I failed my second year of university. I was studying Graphic Design in Devon. The reason for failing was down to anxiety, basically I didn't defer the year even though I was expiriencing problems, I was stubborn and wanted to carry on because it felt like I was giving up the fight. I ended up not getting the results I wanted and I was already on a resubmit.

I've been out of uni for a year, and I still can't accept I didn't graduate. I did recieve a certificate of Higher education from the uni at the time everyone got their degrees, but I still want to go back and do it properly. I have since dealt with the majority of my anxiety and feel like I need to go back and get what I want.

What are my options?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by theblue2)
    Hi there

Last year I failed my second year of university. I was studying Graphic Design in Devon. The reason for failing was down to anxiety, basically I didn't defer the year even though I was expiriencing problems, I was stubborn and wanted to carry on because it felt like I was giving up the fight. I ended up not getting the results I wanted and I was already on a resubmit.

I've been out of uni for a year, and I still can't accept I didn't graduate. I did recieve a certificate of Higher education from the uni at the time everyone got their degrees, but I still want to go back and do it properly. I have since dealt with the majority of my anxiety and feel like I need to go back and get what I want.

What are my options?
    You need to speak to universities that you'd like to go to about 2nd year entry (using your CertHE and portfolio). If your first year is compatible with other courses then you'll be able to apply for a place through UCAS (but it's something that needs to be assessed by the university you want to apply to - and that can include your old university if you can convince them that you've now dealt with the problems that affected your second year and that there isn't likely to be a repeat performance).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.