Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turtle)
    I did quite well for Maths in GCSE so I thought I might do Further Maths for A level. But then I drop out coz it's takes more time to revise than other 2 subjects (but it I'm not that clever, so...), if you think maths is what you're going to do at uni, maybe it's worth it. plus half of the time table will be maths.
    Two of my friends did maths and further maths and both got A's in both. They love it. Btw if you do further maths, at least in my school, you only have two lessons of further maths a week so you end up with loads of frees. Both my friends had something like 7-8 frees a week while everyone else had 5. You do know you might be able to take chem, phys, bio, maths AND further maths, don't you? At least in my school that was possible and i know someone - shabbir did that - however he only had 2 frees a week, which later got reduced to 1 due to revision classes.

Btw for whoever it was that said biology had too much stuff to remember - it all depends how good your memory is! I had the advantage of having a very visual memory, so words on paper and pictures got stuck in my mind very quickly. Biology is not hard. I found chem harder - but that's simply cus I can't do the maths. (yeh - now i sound dumb cus chem maths is eeeeasy - even I know that!)

ReputationRep:
    I did further maths and biology and i would take biology out of the two further maths though i enjoy it really does start to get to be a pain since at my school it means 10 hours of maths classes a week. Biology is really good at AS in my opinion. All that said i am applying to do biology at uni so my views are pretty biased

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking AS Biology too - I love Science so I'm really looking forward to it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenSpirit)
    I'm taking AS Biology too - I love Science so I'm really looking forward to it .
    Do you know which spec you're doing (OCR, AQA etc)?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys...... which one is the best to do at As and A2 :confused: to be able to do medecine, biology/human biology.
    thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Ali)
    hey guys...... which one is the best to do at As and A2 :confused: to be able to do medecine, biology/human biology.
    thnx
    Not really sure, but i'd say do biology, not human bio.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what you want out of biology. Human biology is what im doing, and has nothing to do with plants in it. So if it medicine your wanting to do, id recommend human biology.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.