Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys !
    I have a Skype interview in Imperial on 15 February in the department of Electrical and electronic engineering. I searched a lot, but found almost no info on this

Has anyone passed it this year ? What have they been asking ? Were there any "thinking" questions ?

Anything will be useful !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IgorFomenkov)
    Hi guys !
    I have a Skype interview in Imperial on 15 February in the department of Electrical and electronic engineering. I searched a lot, but found almost no info on this

Has anyone passed it this year ? What have they been asking ? Were there any "thinking" questions ?

Anything will be useful !
    Hey,
    How did it go? Sorry i couldn't give you any help before your interview but I haven't had one yet. Also I couldn't find much information either.

I have my interview for EIE on 1st March any advice will help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheChicken3)
    Hey,
    How did it go? Sorry i couldn't give you any help before your interview but I haven't had one yet. Also I couldn't find much information either.

I have my interview for EIE on 1st March any advice will help
    Hi !)
    Well, the interview went well, from my point of view

As we talked via Skype, the first 10-15 minutes he asked me very general questions about my life/studies (btw, had a feeling that he even did not read my personal statement), then he asked me to solve some logical tasks

The interview also highly depends on the person who interviews you

So, that is pretty all I can tell)

P.S. Still waiting for their decision

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help and I hope you have heard positive news since. I struggled to find any information about the interview beforehand so for anyone in the future this was my experience.

My interview went very differently from yours. Apart from the fact that I physically went to the interview (not over skype) it differed in almost every other way also.

To start with he also asked me the obvious general questions about why the course/university and then referring to an annotated copy of my personal statement asked some questions on that.

Finally he talked through an example about voltages in capacitors and just asked me two Very simple questions on differentiation. ie cos(wt). To conclude the interview he asked me if I had any questions for him and that was it.

But I agree, it depends hugely on who you get.

Ps. I did receive an offer for MEng EIE

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help and I hope you have heard positive news since. I struggled to find any information about the interview beforehand so for anyone in the future this was my experience.

My interview went very differently from yours. Apart from the fact that I physically went to the interview (not over skype) it differed in almost every other way also.

To start with he also asked me the obvious general questions about why the course/university and then referring to an annotated copy of my personal statement asked some questions on that.

Finally he talked through an example about voltages in capacitors and just asked me two Very simple questions on differentiation. ie cos(wt). To conclude the interview he asked me if I had any questions for him and that was it.

But I agree, it depends hugely on who you get.

Ps. I did receive an offer for MEng EIE
    Excellent !
    And who was your interviewer btw ?)

P.S. Also got an offer for MEng EEE - they asked for A*AA

ReputationRep:
    Excellent !

When did you hear back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vulcanicrook)
    When did you hear back?
    Well, I had an interview on 15 February and got a letter from Imperial on 7 March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vulcanicrook)
    When did you hear back?
    My interview was on the 1st March and I heard back on the 10th

ReputationRep:
    Excellent !

My interviewer was Dr Jaimoukha

ReputationRep:
    My interviewer was Dr Jaimoukha
    He is from the same department as mine)
    So what was your offer ?

ReputationRep:
    He is from the same department as mine)
    So what was your offer ?
    I don't know yet. They send me an email saying they will be giving me an offer which will appear on Ucas in the next few weeks.

Although I don't know, it will almost certainly be A*AA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.