The Student Room Group

Yr 12 in desperate need of study help & making a timetable. Help?

Hi Everyone,

I really need help im a study noob I havn't studied throughout my school life and now im in year 12 planning on Uni I think I might need to learn how to. I have always been fine and got good grades (A's to high B's) without studying but now im in year 12 and there is so much to learn in 3 terms and I want to go to Uni so I need to learn to study & I need help.

I really struggle to fit the studying into my day & would really appreciate help making a plan that is good, reasonable and that I could stick to.

Below are the things in my schedule I cant change and need to work around

Monday - Get home about 4:30 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25
Tuesday - Get home about 4:30 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25
Wednesday - Get home at 5:30 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25
Thursday - Get home 5:30 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25
Friday - Get home 4:30 - 5:00 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 11:00
Saturday - Free all day usually Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 11:00
Sunday - Free all day usually Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25

I dont know how long I should study for everyday? I have been thinking of doing 1 hour per subject (I have 4-5) every night with 15 min breaks in between each subject 7 days a week so thats 4-5 hours of study a night 28-35 hours a week but I think this may be to much and I because I go to bed at 9:30 I have no time to relax and do what I want.
Or should I do 45 min per subject every night 7 days a week with 15 min breaks?
Or should I do something completely different?

Also how do I fit assignments in and study every night? should I do my assignments in the time set per subject and if I dont have any assignments then I should study? URGH I really have no clue what Im doing Im desperate for help I need to get very high grades.

Ps. The subjects Im doing are English Studies (also known as Lit, extension etc.) Biology, Psychology, Math & Research project.

Sorry for it being long I just really need help and have no clue what im doing.
Reply 1
Original post by Alec_29
Hi Everyone,

I really need help im a study noob I havn't studied throughout my school life and now im in year 12 planning on Uni I think I might need to learn how to. I have always been fine and got good grades (A's to high B's) without studying but now im in year 12 and there is so much to learn in 3 terms and I want to go to Uni so I need to learn to study & I need help.

I really struggle to fit the studying into my day & would really appreciate help making a plan that is good, reasonable and that I could stick to.

Below are the things in my schedule I cant change and need to work around

Monday - Get home about 4:30 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25
Tuesday - Get home about 4:30 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25
Wednesday - Get home at 5:30 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25
Thursday - Get home 5:30 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25
Friday - Get home 4:30 - 5:00 Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 11:00
Saturday - Free all day usually Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 11:00
Sunday - Free all day usually Dinner from 6:30-7:30 Bedtime 9:25

I dont know how long I should study for everyday? I have been thinking of doing 1 hour per subject (I have 4-5) every night with 15 min breaks in between each subject 7 days a week so thats 4-5 hours of study a night 28-35 hours a week but I think this may be to much and I because I go to bed at 9:30 I have no time to relax and do what I want.
Or should I do 45 min per subject every night 7 days a week with 15 min breaks?
Or should I do something completely different?

Also how do I fit assignments in and study every night? should I do my assignments in the time set per subject and if I dont have any assignments then I should study? URGH I really have no clue what Im doing Im desperate for help I need to get very high grades.

Ps. The subjects Im doing are English Studies (also known as Lit, extension etc.) Biology, Psychology, Math & Research project.

Sorry for it being long I just really need help and have no clue what im doing.

TSR has exactly what you need! Click here to use the study planner!

You need to build in time to relax, so don't plan 5 hours per night. If you're still at the stage of being set homework then yes, that should be done in that subject's time - it's still a form of revision and learning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending