Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hungarian town invites all white christians & white Brits - bans muslim & gay Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    I understand the Muslims and lack of integration thing but banning gays seems wholly for religious reasons.
    No, they just don't like people of other cultures/from other countries. Simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    No, they just don't like people of other cultures/from other countries. Simple as that.
    So what about (white) British gay people - those who want to hold hands whilst walking down a street?

From what I read, they wouldn't allow that either.

ReputationRep:
    A better understanding of the Islamic faith for one, but in all honesty, it doesn't have to bring entirely unique benefits. Contributing to society via taxes is enough imo.
    Apart from the highly dubious benefit of a better understanding of the Islamic faith there are none, are there?

Contributing to society via taxes is enough imo.

Not really.

https://www.mcb.org.uk/wp-content/up...eport_2015.pdf

1 in 5 (19.8%) of the Muslim population is in full-time employment, compared to more than 1 in 3 of the general population (16-74 years old).

Excluding students, the rate of unemployment for Muslims is nearly double that of the general population (7.2% compared to 4.0%).

People living off benefits tend not to pay any taxes.

ReputationRep:
    Muslim immigration - better?

Or even better - anyone who isn't the right colour amirite?
    Much.

What colour do you believe Muslims are by the way?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So what about (white) British gay people - those who want to hold hands whilst walking down a street?

They don't like them either :rofl:

(Original post by joe cooley)
    Apart from the highly dubious benefit of a better understanding of the Islamic faith there are none, are there?

Contributing to society via taxes is enough imo.

Not really.

https://www.mcb.org.uk/wp-content/up...eport_2015.pdf

1 in 5 (19.8%) of the Muslim population is in full-time employment, compared to more than 1 in 3 of the general population (16-74 years old).

Excluding students, the rate of unemployment for Muslims is nearly double that of the general population (7.2% compared to 4.0%).

People living off benefits tend not to pay any taxes.
    Even if your statistics are correct, they still contribute far more than they take out.
    I don't understand why they chose to exclude students either.

ReputationRep:

LOL, you and your BF should try it in Tower Hamlets i'm sure you'll be able to feel the tolerance just flowing all over you!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-stickers.html

It is funny how SJW condemn this village for its homophobia while supporting the importation of the most homophobic culture in the history of the world into Europe!

You're confused to say the least.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Much.

What colour do you believe Muslims are by the way?
    They don't all fit the same clothes

ReputationRep:
    Really, you're happy to import such primitive behaviors as FGM?

Such tolerance!
    #NotAllMuslims do fgm

ReputationRep:
    They don't all fit the same clothes
    Excellent, we have now established that your:

Was the standard attempt to paint those who oppose Islamic immigration as racists.

Standard stuff, and quite pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    The reason for that is that we expect them to integrate into our culture rather than vice versa, which is of course resisted by these communities.

While "two-way" integration can be fairly harmless in simple cases such as expanding R.E. lessons to cover Islam or allowing women to wear a headscarf at work, any deeper integration fundamentally exposes the difference in mentality between the secular, liberalised West and more conservative people. I don't see a reason as to why we should effectively move backwards in time and change our beliefs/teachings when they are the ones being accommodated by us in our countries.
    Look, why does everyone here think Muslims don't intergrete with 'our culture', we do or atleast try to. In some aspects your right, sometimes Muslims don't intergrete but that's because a huge part of British culture is drinking alcohol. If your expecting Muslims to go to your local pub to enjoy a pint, that frankly will not happening anytime soon (disclaimer: I'm saying most Muslims don't drink, I obviously know people who do and idgaf).

Oh and sometimes Muslims aren't welcomed in particular areas and on some occasions, get verbally abused by people shouting 'GO BACK TO WHERE U CAME FROM YA FKIN PAKI'

I think you should go out and just observe your local multicultural community, ok some people who come here struggle to adapt but people like me who are born here or like my dad who moved when he was 17 have adapted really well because we...are...British.

Like, people from my parents country are vastly different from me, so tell me what should people like me do to make folks like you feel more comfortable?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Excellent, we have now established that your:

Was the standard attempt to paint those who oppose Islamic immigration as racists.

Standard stuff, and quite pathetic.
    That was really supposed to be a joke but I digress.
    The vast majority of muslims are arab/asian and have the corresponding skin pigment :rofl: . It's pretty clear to me anyway that you do have a problem with different cultures and practices.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ua3142)
    Look, why does everyone here think Muslims don't intergrete with 'our culture', we do or atleast try to. In some aspects your right, sometimes Muslims don't intergrete but that's because a huge part of British culture is drinking alcohol. If your expecting Muslims to go to your local pub to enjoy a pint, that frankly will not happening anytime soon (disclaimer: I'm saying most Muslims don't drink, I obviously know people who do and idgaf).

Oh and sometimes Muslims aren't welcomed in particular areas and on some occasions, get verbally abused by people shouting 'GO BACK TO WHERE U CAME FROM YA FKIN PAKI'

I think you should go out and just observe your local multicultural community, ok some people who come here struggle to adapt but people like me who are born here or like my dad who moved when he was 17 have adapted really well because we...are...British.

Like, people from my parents country are vastly different from me, so tell me what should people like me do to make folks like you feel more comfortable?
    Well said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    #NotAllMuslims do fgm
    No they don't, and no one has suggested they do.

However,which religion in the UK practices FGM more than any other, do you suppose?

ReputationRep:
    They don't like them either :rofl:
    ...for religious reasons.

LOL, you and your BF should try it in Tower Hamlets i'm sure you'll be able to feel the tolerance just flowing all over you!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-stickers.html

It is funny how SJW condemn this village for its homophobia while supporting the importation of the most homophobic culture in the history of the world into Europe!

You're confused to say the least.
    No you're just immature.

You do know you can condemn all homophobic behavior right, including that done by the village and that done by certain Muslims?

According to you I have to flip a coin and choose which ones to condemn.

ReputationRep:
    That was really supposed to be a joke but I digress.
    The vast majority of muslims are arab/asian and have the corresponding skin pigment :rofl: . It's pretty clear to me anyway that you do have a problem with different cultures and practices.
    A joke?

Of course it was, what was i thinking!

You dont have a problem with a culture that practices FGM and is rabidly homophobic?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A joke?

Of course it was, what was i thinking!

You dont have a problem with a culture that practices FGM and is rabidly homophobic?
    Everyone should be judged individually. I don't agree with a lot of stuff in the quran, but we should not discriminate based solely on the premise of a person's religion.

ReputationRep:
    ...for religious reasons.

No you're just immature.

You do know you can condemn all homophobic behavior right, including that done by the village and that done by certain Muslims?

According to you I have to flip a coin and choose which ones to condemn.
    Insults, a good sign!

Yes indeed you could condemn all homophobic behaviour, but the left can seldom bring themselves to condemn anything Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Insults, a good sign!

Yes indeed you could condemn all homophobic behaviour, but the left can seldom bring themselves to condemn anything Muslim.
    Hmmm, your initial response wasn't so warming either...

ReputationRep:
    Everyone should be judged individually.

Obviously you are in no way obliged to answer my question.

Now, i do not for one second believe you condone FGM or homophobia.

However, your fear of appearing Islamophobic is so great you simply can not bring yourself to condemn any aspect of Islamic culture.

Sad and scary at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, your initial response wasn't so warming either...
    What!

How so?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.