Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hungarian town invites all white christians & white Brits - bans muslim & gay Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    Close but no cigar!

As Saudi has been a bastion of misogyny, religious intolerance and homophobia for ever, you should have no problem pointing me in the direction of a thread on TSR started by a SJW deeply concerned about it.

Key words in bold.
    See the second link to ChaoticButterfly's thread (sorry, remembered it later and edited it in too late) if you're desperate for a domestic-specific thread.

I'd be very surprised if you can find one thread on TSR started by a SJW type condemning anything peculiar to the Islamic faith.
    Need help moving those goalposts?

(Original post by anarchism101)
      See the second link to ChaoticButterfly's thread (sorry, remembered it later and edited it in too late) if you're desperate for a domestic-specific thread.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

Here's another one by bornblue

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

Also one by tawheed who's a Muslim iirc
      Also the second poster condemning Saudi is also a Muslim.

I could keep going tbh :lol:

ReputationRep:

Well i am very surprised!

No need to move the goal posts, the left are so afraid of appearing Islamophobic the goal posts can stay right where they are.

My God! They left willingly sacrificed 1400 children to Muslim rape gangs in Rotherham such was their fear of being branded Islamophobic.

The left's silence over the Muslim world's decades old ban on Israeli travellers while reaching unseen levels of hysteria over Trumps temporary travel ban is another fine example.( silence compounded by who was targeted by the ban possibly)

So while pleasantly surprised you managed to find a lone example, hardly a game changer.

ReputationRep:
      How about Palmyra's on Saudi war crimes in Yemen a few weeks back? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4475850

Or ChaoticButterfly's attack on the appointment of Saudi Arabia to the UNHRC in November?
      https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?p=68668414
      I'm glad someone remembers my spiel.

joe cooley
      I am a very left wing social justice warrior. :kungfu:

If you want some more, Assad has just systematically murdered a load of political prisoners.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/report...17-2?r=US&IR=T

I also think we should be arming and providing military support for these guys in the fight against ISIS and dictators: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojava

Just don't tell stop the war :ninja:

I think you are suffering from cognitive bias and only recognising the activity of the left that fits your pre determined view of such people.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
      I'm glad someone remembers my spiel.

joe cooley

I am a very left wing social justice warrior. :kungfu:

If you want some more Assad has just systemically murdered a load of poltcial prisoners.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/report...17-2?r=US&IR=T

I also think we should be arming and providing military support for these guys in the fight against ISIS and dictators: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojava

Just don't tell stop the war :ninaj:

I think you are suffering from cognitive bias and only recognising the activity of the left that fits your pre determined view of such people.
      Thats one of you who gets it at least.

Usually the left are so paralysed by their own PC nonsense that criticising Islam/Muslims is beyond them.

Why do you think the Labour party whitewashed the anti-semitism rife in the party?

Still, one is a start anyway!

ReputationRep:
      Thats one of you who gets it at least.

Usually the left are so paralysed by their own PC nonsense that criticising Islam/Muslims is beyond them.

Why do you think the Labour party whitewashed the anti-semitism rife in the party?

Still, one is a start anyway!
      That's right. Tuck that tail between your legs and log back on to Stormfront.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by InnerTemple)
      That's right. Tuck that tail between your legs and log back on to Stormfront.
      I am sure somewhere in the universe your incoherent babble makes sense to someone...but not on this planet.

ReputationRep:
      The Christian Right are the West's Taliban.

ReputationRep:
      Well i am very surprised!

No need to move the goal posts, the left are so afraid of appearing Islamophobic the goal posts can stay right where they are.
      You performed literally a textbook example of moving the goalposts. You asked for an example to demonstrate an equivalence, and then when provided with one (or, indeed, quite a few when you add StrawbAri's), you declared that such an example doesn't demonstrate it after all. And then moved on to rant about other topics that no-one else in the thread had mentioned, because you didn't get your way on the actual topic of the thread.

ReputationRep:
      You performed literally a textbook example of moving the goalposts. You asked for an example to demonstrate an equivalence, and then when provided with one (or, indeed, quite a few when you add StrawbAri's), you declared that such an example doesn't demonstrate it after all. And then moved on to rant about other topics that no-one else in the thread had mentioned, because you didn't get your way on the actual topic of the thread.
      Rant?

Sorry, next time i feel like introducing another angle to the discussion ill clear it with you first.......not.

To be honest i'm glad you're upset that I introduced facts that you're uncomfortable with and i will do so whenever i feel it necessary.

Get used to it.

I understand some of you are unable to cope with dissenting arguments, while i understand i also couldn't give a ****.

Hope that hasn't triggered you too much.

ReputationRep:
      Rant?

Sorry, next time i feel like introducing another angle to the discussion ill clear it with you first.......not.

To be honest i'm glad you're upset that I introduced facts that you're uncomfortable with and i will do so whenever i feel it necessary.

Get used to it.

I understand some of you are unable to cope with dissenting arguments, while i understand i also couldn't give a ****.

Hope that hasn't triggered you too much.
      It doesn't "upset" me, it just reinforces my perception that you're either unwilling or incapable of serious debate, and this childish reply has only done so even more.

If you prefer to believe that people calling you out for saying patently daft or fallacious things are just being "triggered" by what you're saying, go ahead. But don't expect them to take you seriously while you do.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mordecai on High)
      The Christian Right are the West's Taliban.
      What, with the roadside IEDs and what have you?

ReputationRep:
      It doesn't "upset" me, it just reinforces my perception that you're either unwilling or incapable of serious debate, and this childish reply has only done so even more.

If you prefer to believe that people calling you out for saying patently daft or fallacious things are just being "triggered" by what you're saying, go ahead. But don't expect them to take you seriously while you do.
      I get it, you don't like what I have to say.

Having your opinions confirmed isn't debate, its an echo chamber.

ReputationRep:
      What, with the roadside IEDs and what have you?
      Behold, the Christian Taliban. :cool:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mordecai on High)
      Behold, the Christian Taliban. :cool:
      I was hoping you would provide the reasoning behind your claim that the Christian right are the West's Taliban.

Obviously you're not able to,fair enough.

ReputationRep:
      This is such ******** propaganda! I am from Hungary and I can confidently tell you: This is NOT true. We'd just like to control immigration so it's legal. That's it. x

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.