The Student Room Group

Singaporean Applying to the UK - Does the 4th A' Level Matter?

Deleted
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lockedfacades
Hey guys,

I'm a Singaporean applying to the UK to read economics and I'm considering a few relatively competitive institutions. I understand that the entry requirements are A*AA for the British A' Levels (Equivalent to H2 Singapore SIPCAL A Levels AAA).

I've been hearing a lot of rumors that the 4th A' Level actually matters for students applying to the UK. I scored a B for my 4th A' Level.

My question is whether or not this rumor is true. Am I put at a disadvantage and should I reevaluate the schools that I'm applying to because I did not get straight As?

Would appreciate your thoughts on this matter. Thanks guys!

P.S. I've already received my grades and am now in the midst of applying for UCAS 2018 (currently serving national service).Hey guys,

I'm a Singaporean applying to the UK to read economics and I'm considering a few relatively competitive institutions. I understand that the entry requirements are A*AA for the British A' Levels (Equivalent to H2 Singapore SIPCAL A Levels AAA).

I've been hearing a lot of rumors that the 4th A' Level actually matters for students applying to the UK. I scored a B for my 4th A' Level.

My question is whether or not this rumor is true. Am I put at a disadvantage and should I reevaluate the schools that I'm applying to because I did not get straight As?

Would appreciate your thoughts on this matter. Thanks guys!

P.S. I've already received my grades and am now in the midst of applying for UCAS 2018 (currently serving national service).

You have to declare that grade but it's better to have a 4th than not having one so don't panic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending