The Student Room Group

The National Citizenship Service (NCS) discussion and help thread

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone going on the 2nd July? im from bradford.
Original post by Itsonly_sarahx
Mee, has anyone recieved their info pack?? :smile:

Im doing that date too! Ive received an email full of information if that helps??
Original post by miraclemuokebe
22nd July and I chose photography

Are you in the Wolverhampton area?
Reply 83
Anyone doing 13th July at Stratford upon Avon
I have a question, for the first week, it is the camping/ adventure. It states that we have to take a rucksack for during the day however for all our clothes and belongings can we take a suitcase?
Reply 85
hey, I did NCS last year and if your going to book to do it this year you could use this code they sent me for a discount, 3583856. And it really was a fun experience!
Reply 86
Would you guys recommend taking an action camera to NCS to record my time there?

And if so, which action camera would you recommend (not expensive)?

TIA
Reply 87
I go to 'NCS The Challenge' on 13th August Bradford/Leeds, anyone else?
Reply 88
Original post by Hannahglen12
Anyone doing 13th July at Stratford upon Avon

I'm doing the 13th July in Kent
Original post by emmm12
anyone from london doing it on the 13th july?

Me, are you going Bowles?

I need to know people before :smile:
I 100% never filled out a form that asked me for my likes and dislikes and what activities i wanted to do etc. and every single person said they filled in a form like that? Am I just gonna randomly be assigned to a group and did you guys have to fill in a form similar to the one i've mentioned?
Not going to lie, I did NCS in the summer of 2015 and I loathed it. However, other than my team and a few others on other teams of whom I know as friends, others really enjoyed it and found it very rewarding! I do hope you guys have a better experience than we did :colondollar: think my bad experience had more to do with the 'leaders' I was stuck with and the accommodation of the first week than anything else though
anyone else going 13 of July and their 1st meeting place is in barking and phase one is at chase water outdoor education center entrust???? if so would love to chat:colondollar:
Original post by Maribella_321
Me, are you going Bowles?

I need to know people before :smile:

hi i am going on the 13 july
Reply 94
Anyone on the 17th of July in London?
Original post by DennyBarwick
hi i am going on the 13 july

To bowles?
Original post by Haider_A
Would you guys recommend taking an action camera to NCS to record my time there?

And if so, which action camera would you recommend (not expensive)?

TIA

You have a few options and it depends what week of NCS you want to bring it on. This is because if you want to film phase one your best bet to get footage is to invest in a waterproof, strong camera, otherwise you may not get as much footage as you may have liked. However these can be very expensive such as the Point-and-Shoot Tough Cameras Olympus which comes too 299 pounds at its lowest. But expensive means different things to different people so if you want more advice it may be worth mentioning how much you are willing to spend. Your best bet to a cheap sturdy waterproof camera is eBay or amazon where there are loads being bid on, some for around £23.
Go pros in my opinon are the best (if you can afford it) they are easy to charge, they keep for a really long time, they leave you hands free for activities, and they are durable. Also depending on where you go and what your accommodation is there may be risk of it being stepped on or crushed, this is why i strongly recommend sturdy cameras.
Sorry for the long post i really hope this helps, if you have any other questions or quires feel free to message me.:smile:
in
Original post by Maribella_321
To bowles?

Hi, I live in Fulham. I don't know if that answers your question. I don't know what you mean bowles?
Original post by DennyBarwick
in

Hi, I live in Fulham. I don't know if that answers your question. I don't know what you mean bowles?

It might be easier to ask where are you going for week one??:smile:
Original post by Lucymay36
It might be easier to ask where are you going for week one??:smile:

Henley Fort wbu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending