Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I have just started my postgraduate degree with the OU. Am waiting for my first Student Finance payment to come through, but they say they're waiting for the OU to confirm my attendance.
    Does anyone have an idea of how long this usually takes? I've emailed the OU but they haven't got back to me yet
    Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Ring them if it's been unreasonably long. It will be on someone's to do list and may take a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    They just emailed me and told me I need to log into my VLE so it looks like I am engaging with the course. Aside from logging into StudentHome and my module website, I'm not sure what else this means. Anybody got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eloiseelizabetho)
    They just emailed me and told me I need to log into my VLE so it looks like I am engaging with the course. Aside from logging into StudentHome and my module website, I'm not sure what else this means. Anybody got any ideas?
    Perhaps posting in the forums? but I'm not really sure.
    If it's a system error though (which their request makes it sound as if it might be) it's maybe worth giving IT support a ring, IT are actually really helpful. If it's not at their end you will prob have to call student support.

Hope you get it sorted!

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I have just started my postgraduate degree with the OU. Am waiting for my first Student Finance payment to come through, but they say they're waiting for the OU to confirm my attendance.
    Does anyone have an idea of how long this usually takes? I've emailed the OU but they haven't got back to me yet
    Thanks!
    Hi could you let me no how long the OU took to confirm attendance? I started my

BSc (Honours) Psychology and Law
    on The 3rd off Feb its now bin 2 weeks and i'm still awaiting confirm attendance - how long from the date you started did they confirm you and you got payed? as i'm struggling using a friends laptop i need to buy literally everything - I've looked online but cant find a answer for the OU - if you could let me no be so great-full Or anyone reading this ? i no this thread from "2017" and its now "2018" but you can give me a real answer. I hope your study's with OU has bin good in your year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rempanda)
    If it's a system error though (which their request makes it sound as if it might be) it's maybe worth giving IT support a ring, IT are actually really helpful. If it's not at their end you will prob have to call student support.

Hope you get it sorted!

on The 3rd off Feb its now bin 2 weeks and i'm still awaiting confirm attendance - how long from the date you started did they confirm you and you got payed? as i'm struggling using a friends laptop i need to buy literally everything - I've looked online but cant find a answer for the OU - if you could let me no be so great-full Or anyone reading this ? i no this thread from "2017" and its now "2018" but you can give me a real answer. I hope your study's with OU has bin good in your year

ReputationRep:

Hope you get it sorted!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Hope you get it sorted!

ReputationRep:
    sorry this laptop froze and has submitted my question a few times sorry people :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmawilson2018)

If you're still waiting for your loan, I would recommend emailing [email protected] quoting your Personal Identifier and asking how long they thing it will take. This is what I did and they got back to me quite quickly.

I hope you manage to sort it soon!

ReputationRep:
    If you're still waiting for your loan, I would recommend emailing [email protected] quoting your Personal Identifier and asking how long they thing it will take. This is what I did and they got back to me quite quickly.

I hope you manage to sort it soon!
    thank you i will give them a email now, i have spoken to the open uni on the phone last week but they dont rely tell you when it done just to wait and check my student finance account . could you please tell me roughly how long from the date you started you recieverd your grant please just so i no how long to be waiting as it bin 2 weeks i thought by now it be done, I dont have no way off lending money and im getting quite worried as there so much to buy, and not owning my own laptop at the moment im stressed and struggling . thank you for your reply .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmawilson2018)
    thank you i will give them a email now, i have spoken to the open uni on the phone last week but they dont rely tell you when it done just to wait and check my student finance account . could you please tell me roughly how long from the date you started you recieverd your grant please just so i no how long to be waiting as it bin 2 weeks i thought by now it be done, I dont have no way off lending money and im getting quite worried as there so much to buy, and not owning my own laptop at the moment im stressed and struggling . thank you for your reply .
    I'm not sure as it was a while ago now, I think it was about 10 days though. Definitely email them and ask them to look into it if you're worried, it hopefully shouldn't take too much longer.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

just to let you know i also started on the 3rd Feb but i have been told 14 days after the course sate which has been confirmed as wrong.I have now been told via email it wont be until the middle of March....

ReputationRep:
    yes i was told the same to, I was told 14 days after the module had started but told it can take 4-6 weeks via email from the open uni...but i bring you brilliant news, but i spoke to student finance today i rang them myself as i got told to ring them from a different form and THEY HAVE NOW confirmed attendance and payments will be in your account from 3-5 days FROM TODAY. if you go on you student finance login where it says your grant it should say processing payments if you click on it says it take 2-3 DAYS and it wil be on your account the excepted day, but i spoke to them on student finance and he said they have sent it out and can take up to 5 days, as our day was the 3rd because students who go to the uni in real life for example get it but with OU you have to show you have studied up-to 2 weeks, And our Tuition fees get paid 4-6 weeks, im over the moon as im currently lending a friend laptop to study which has bin very different and channelling but now i can buy my own laptop and printer, any subjections on a laptop to buy? how much memory? i understand we have to pay for win zip which £33. that to collect your assignments on, and these days you have to buy word and that but i did see on the uni page that we get discount from apple store and Microsoft word look into it. r u doing psychology and law?? how r u finding it ? im engorging it so much its so interesting but getting harder but thats what it about learning -good luck on your studies - i hope this great news bring you happiness as it did to me today i felt a weight of my shoulder but until i see it in my account which will then have the status paid ill be more happier to buy everything . sorry long essay here

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.