Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a boy you like messages you asking how your exams went as he ' hasn't really seen you to ask' is this a good sign that he may be interested?

ReputationRep:
    That's not a sign to say whether he likes you or not. That's just him asking how your exams went. I think you're reading way too much into it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if he isn't asking that for some utilitarian reason (e.g. he will have the same exam in few days, so he wants to hear what was your test like), yes, he sounds interested to me. Do you like him?

ReputationRep:
    No

(Original post by Anonymous)
    If a boy you like messages you asking how your exams went as he ' hasn't really seen you to ask' is this a good sign that he may be interested?
    I think he likes you back. He's trying to make casual conversation with you, because he probably doesn't want to come off too strong. Try to keep it flowing and see where it heads.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can do that. You're reading into it too much.

ReputationRep:
    I think he likes you back. He's trying to make casual conversation with you, because he probably doesn't want to come off too strong. Try to keep it flowing and see where it heads.
    Casual conversation =/= romantic feelings. He's given no indication that he likes the OP. That said, I agree that there's no harm in chatting and seeing where it heads.
    • TSR Support Team

No way of knowing unless you ask him, he may just be being friendly.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    Casual conversation =/= romantic feelings. He's given no indication that he likes the OP. That said, I agree that there's no harm in chatting and seeing where it heads.
    Well, if I liked someone, I would definitely start with a casual conversation. There's no need to come on strong and potentially frighten the other person especially if you're not sure how they feel towards you. That's a step forward than not talking whatsoever. I guess time will reveal whether his feelings are platonic, romantic or otherwise. He took his time to message her (only her by the looks of it). I think there might be more to it than what it appears on the surface.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.