Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitter patter)
    Hi,I'm from India and am planning to do the MRes in Communications this Sept. I got my offer letter in March. However I'm having trouble getting my CAS number for the tier 4 visa from the college. They don't seem to respond. Is anyone having similar issues?
    Hi, lots of people are having the same problem as you! The Registry department is VERY behind on their work. I am one of the lucky few that got my CAS (after repeated emailing, and getting my department administrator involved, since I am traveling prior to arrival in the UK and needed my passport ASAP). A member recently posted that he visited the RCA in person and made a fuss, and learned that they are processing CAS numbers for students beginning in September before the ones starting in October, which is good news for you, but also that they were missing some of his documents and didn't even tell him. My recommendation is to contact the Communications department (whoever you were in contact with about your application, interview etc) and see if they can help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali_gemma)
    Hi, lots of people are having the same problem as you! The Registry department is VERY behind on their work. I am one of the lucky few that got my CAS (after repeated emailing, and getting my department administrator involved, since I am traveling prior to arrival in the UK and needed my passport ASAP). A member recently posted that he visited the RCA in person and made a fuss, and learned that they are processing CAS numbers for students beginning in September before the ones starting in October, which is good news for you, but also that they were missing some of his documents and didn't even tell him. My recommendation is to contact the Communications department (whoever you were in contact with about your application, interview etc) and see if they can help.
    Thank you so much!!!! I've just been hoping that someone would respond and I'd get some idea of what's happening. And thank you for the suggestion - I'm going to try writing to my department administrator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastnbread)
    Hello !
    i've got a place on vis com illustration for 2017 ! currently looking for funding and housing options ! where do you think you are going to stay? its all very expensive
    Hi I am 3rd Y Student on BA Illustration and looking forward to find a place at RCA MA Illustration as well. Is there experiences that you are willing to share with me about your interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.