Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitter patter)
    Hi,I'm from India and am planning to do the MRes in Communications this Sept. I got my offer letter in March. However I'm having trouble getting my CAS number for the tier 4 visa from the college. They don't seem to respond. Is anyone having similar issues?
    Hi, lots of people are having the same problem as you! The Registry department is VERY behind on their work. I am one of the lucky few that got my CAS (after repeated emailing, and getting my department administrator involved, since I am traveling prior to arrival in the UK and needed my passport ASAP). A member recently posted that he visited the RCA in person and made a fuss, and learned that they are processing CAS numbers for students beginning in September before the ones starting in October, which is good news for you, but also that they were missing some of his documents and didn't even tell him. My recommendation is to contact the Communications department (whoever you were in contact with about your application, interview etc) and see if they can help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali_gemma)
    Hi, lots of people are having the same problem as you! The Registry department is VERY behind on their work. I am one of the lucky few that got my CAS (after repeated emailing, and getting my department administrator involved, since I am traveling prior to arrival in the UK and needed my passport ASAP). A member recently posted that he visited the RCA in person and made a fuss, and learned that they are processing CAS numbers for students beginning in September before the ones starting in October, which is good news for you, but also that they were missing some of his documents and didn't even tell him. My recommendation is to contact the Communications department (whoever you were in contact with about your application, interview etc) and see if they can help.
    Thank you so much!!!! I've just been hoping that someone would respond and I'd get some idea of what's happening. And thank you for the suggestion - I'm going to try writing to my department administrator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastnbread)
    Hello !
    i've got a place on vis com illustration for 2017 ! currently looking for funding and housing options ! where do you think you are going to stay? its all very expensive
    Hi I am 3rd Y Student on BA Illustration and looking forward to find a place at RCA MA Illustration as well. Is there experiences that you are willing to share with me about your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Have applied for MPhil/PhD in School of Communications. Interview date was on 6 Dec for 2017/18. Anyone in the forum who have applied during the same time period and anticipating result?...Pls respond

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I am now in the process of sending my application for MA Photography for the 2018 start but I'd like to have some ideas on what they expect from our personal statement as I've started writing it and I feel super anxious about it!
    Also, if called for an interview, how long is it usually? and which kinda of questions should we expect?

ReputationRep:
    Any news yet from RCA?

ReputationRep:
    Can you upload a portfolio???????? I can’t. What’s happening?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the most helpful insights. I am preparing for my interview currently and while I hope to prepare and manage well for the other answers. How exactly should I prepare for if I'm expected to ask the faculty or the interview board any questions? Could you suggest some sample questions that you had in mind while you were preparing?Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats! You are the only person I found here who has applied to MA Contemporary art!! Did you join the college? How's it going for you?

I have an interview on 20th Tuesday, can you please offer me some tips 😄
    (Original post by Echo_in_hall)
    Hi everyone, sorry for the silence, the last weeks been mega busy. Had my interview Tuesday, convinced myself I failed it and spent Wednesday convincing myself I didn't actually need or should do a masters in London but then Thursday (yesterday) I got an email offer! Contemporary art practice/moving image pathway. So it's fair to say I'm confused now. Going to take a few days to let it settle in.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the application eventually? Because they ask me of what if you didn’t get into rca...

ReputationRep:
    Hey , yes I'm sailing in the same boat. Applied for the masters program in interior design for a hopeful interview date by March 28th according to the website but I haven't received a response yet. Still waiting and hoping
    (Original post by catye)
    I received an email which said there was a delay. Here is the content:

“Thank you for applying for a course with the School of Design at the Royal College of Art. Due to a high number of applicants we are unfortunately unable to offer you a decision regarding your application.
    We are currently reviewing your materials and will contact you shortly regarding you application status. Our sincere apologies for this delay and any distress it may cause. If you have any queries please contact x
    (Original post by karanparashar)
    I applied in ma in interior design in the priority admission for which i was supposed to get notified by 17th february 2017
    but today is 16th feb 2017, i have not been notified for interview or recieved a mail saying no.
    Anybody else sailing in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I made an application towards the MPhil/PhD program in the School of Design. The process started with a formal interview in Dec and design test before the final round in Jan and later recieved an offer letter within couple of days. But since i am international applicant the procedure was via a Skype interview towards the end. Now i am looking forward for funding oppurtunities, if any do help.

(Original post by baradhio)
    Hello all,

I'm new here and I've applied MPhil/PhD Ceramic. I joined this forum after googling some information for my research proposal. RCA offer me to have an interview in 25th of May but still need to revise my proposal. After read the recent post i think MPhil/PhD path is a little bit different. Anyone here apply for MPhil/PhD?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, is anyone applying to for the Masters program in interior design, also have you been interviewed or waiting for one ? Still didn't get a reply. Would love to chat 😁

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.