Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not made many friends on my university course... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im in my first year for university and now in my second term. I quite enjoy my course but honestly feel there is no one im truly friends with on my course. I have connected with some people briefly but no friendship has come from it.
    I recently thought i had become friends with this group i got to know, and decided after the lecture i would wait,say hi and hang around with them after until our next lecture. I said hi and pretty much everyone ignored me, the person who did say hello to me quickly said that the group had to go do some work and we quickly seperated from eachother. So yeah, now it feels a little weird with them and im now back to as if i had just started.
    I feel its too late to start talking to new people and pretty much everyone on my course and now within their own groups of friends.
    This issue is kind of putting me off university at the moment, does anyone have some general advice? Does it get better in the second year of university?

This is pretty much me too.
    I say hi to quite. After people on my course etc but none I'm truly close with to have a great laugh or banter. There s a few I sort of tag along with mainly just talk about work etc. Most days I'm by myself all I do is go to the library and study because I don't want people to realise I'm so alone.
    Pretty sure everyone on my course knows I'm alone too.
    Like you I waited for another group who were part of our group it's confusing lol
    But they always walk past me
    No hi's or maybe a half assed hello they ignore me and my messages and just go.

Finally op feels like I've found out im not alone x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.