Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I applied for 2 courses at Imperial College in October (Design Engineering and Nuclear Engineering) for which I have been refused without interview (pretty much straigtforward).

Oddly, I received an email one week ago proposing me an interview for the department of materials which I accepted.
    My question is : do I have a significant disadvantage comparing to other interviewed applicants?
    I'm currently attending a prestigious french "prepa" (for those who know) and have accordingly already received my French baccalaureate results (18/20 in average which is fairly decent) . Am I only eligible for an uncondional offer given that I won't take any A-level whatsoever?
    Another question that is puzzling me : is the department of Materials kind of under-applied, which could explain why I received an offer here.

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You probably received an interview invite because the course was under subscribed but also because they think you may be able to do the course. They probably will view you the same as everyone else but do your best and don't worry about whether you have a disadvantage or not. Your offer will be based on the entry requirements and your interview performance so check the requirements.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.