I've recently been estranged from my parents and I am living with my grandmother. I want to know what income proof and proof of estrangement I will need to provide for my student finance application.
Turn on thread page Beta
Student Finance Query - Course starting September 2017 watch
- Thread Starter
- 07-02-2017 14:10
Offline20ReputationRep:TSR Support TeamVery Important PosterPS Reviewer
- TSR Support Team
- Very Important Poster
- PS Reviewer
- 07-02-2017 17:30
Moved to student finance for a better response.
Offline2ReputationRep:Official TSR Representative
- Official TSR Representative
- 08-02-2017 15:11
Hi, we would require confirmation of your estrangement, below is a list of acceptable evidence.
Examples of Evidence
- A letter from your social worker
- A letter from an advice worker, personal tutor or teacher
- If you have visited your doctor because of problems relating to your broken relationship with your parents, a letter to confirm your circumstances
- A letter from a counsellor, an organisation, employer or a charity
- A letter from a member of the clergy, a rabbi or imam that explains that he/she was aware of the difficulties in the student’s family and their subsequent estrangement
- A statement of incident from the police
- A statutory declaration signed/stamped by solicitor
- A letter from a solicitor
- A signed and dated Estrangement declaration form* completed by any Independent person with good standing in the community.
- Thread Starter
- 08-02-2017 17:09
Hi, thank you for your response. Will a letter from a vicar who has helped me through some tough times since I was a child be enough proof? And will I need to provide proof of income from my nan? She is retired and receiving a pension. Thanks in advance.