Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've recently been estranged from my parents and I am living with my grandmother. I want to know what income proof and proof of estrangement I will need to provide for my student finance application.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Moved to student finance for a better response.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, we would require confirmation of your estrangement, below is a list of acceptable evidence.

Examples of Evidence

• A letter from your social worker
    • A letter from an advice worker, personal tutor or teacher
    • If you have visited your doctor because of problems relating to your broken relationship with your parents, a letter to confirm your circumstances
    • A letter from a counsellor, an organisation, employer or a charity
    • A letter from a member of the clergy, a rabbi or imam that explains that he/she was aware of the difficulties in the student’s family and their subsequent estrangement
    • A statement of incident from the police
    • A statutory declaration signed/stamped by solicitor
    • A letter from a solicitor
    • A signed and dated Estrangement declaration form* completed by any Independent person with good standing in the community.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thank you for your response. Will a letter from a vicar who has helped me through some tough times since I was a child be enough proof? And will I need to provide proof of income from my nan? She is retired and receiving a pension. Thanks in advance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.