Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance Query - Course starting September 2017 watch

    • Thread Starter

    I've recently been estranged from my parents and I am living with my grandmother. I want to know what income proof and proof of estrangement I will need to provide for my student finance application.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Moved to student finance for a better response.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, we would require confirmation of your estrangement, below is a list of acceptable evidence.

    Examples of Evidence

    • A letter from your social worker
    • A letter from an advice worker, personal tutor or teacher
    • If you have visited your doctor because of problems relating to your broken relationship with your parents, a letter to confirm your circumstances
    • A letter from a counsellor, an organisation, employer or a charity
    • A letter from a member of the clergy, a rabbi or imam that explains that he/she was aware of the difficulties in the student’s family and their subsequent estrangement
    • A statement of incident from the police
    • A statutory declaration signed/stamped by solicitor
    • A letter from a solicitor
    • A signed and dated Estrangement declaration form* completed by any Independent person with good standing in the community.

    • Thread Starter

    Hi, thank you for your response. Will a letter from a vicar who has helped me through some tough times since I was a child be enough proof? And will I need to provide proof of income from my nan? She is retired and receiving a pension. Thanks in advance.

University open days

  • University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.