Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it normal to not be able to erect second time quickly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Once i ejaculate i will need more than an hour to erect the second time. And i am only 26. I know people who can under 20 min.

Is there anything abnormal with me?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No, it varies a lot between men - some will barely lose their erection after ejaculating at least the first time and some won't be able to get another erection the same day - and in different stages in most men's lifetimes.
    • Political Ambassador

There's nothing wrong with you. You're more than fine.

ReputationRep:
    Its fine, its very usual for men to take a break after. Some are done for a couple hours, some for half and hour. Im an odd one, since I can keep going after 2-3 times, until the 4th time I have to take a break, but Ive been told its not common.

I can keep going right through the first time as if I haven't, and either when I get too tired to keep going on or something or do finally pop a second time, I tend to overreact a little so it looks like im finished but for the first time.
    I don't know if girls can tell when a guy pops, but the ones ive been with seem to just keep on going and don't seem to have realised.

In my experience, if you let them know you've popped the once, thats it there and then so have to stretch it out as long as I can really.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I can keep going right through the first time as if I haven't, and either when I get too tired to keep going on or something or do finally pop a second time, I tend to overreact a little so it looks like im finished but for the first time.
    In my experience, if you let them know you've popped the once, thats it there and then so have to stretch it out as long as I can really.
    I'm quite impressed! If I come during intercourse without a condom, the loss of friction because of the semen means I lose my erection quite quickly, whereas I can keep it if I come outside.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.