Changing course Watch

Cameron_Hunt157
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I'm going to reapply to UCAS in September 2017 to study Medicine, I am currently studying Chemical engineering in first year and if I were to get a place studying medicine the course would not begin to sept 2018, of when Id have just completed second year of Chem eng. I am wondering if Id still be covered by sfe for those two years studying chemical engineering as well as the 5 years then studying for medicine? And if I were to be declined for medicine Id presume my funding would continue as normal?

Many thanks,
Cam
Elizabeth SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

If the course was previously funded by the NHS, you will be entitled to full funding for the medicine course.

If you did not get onto the course, then you would still receive funding for the course you are on.

Thanks
Cameron_Hunt157
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Elizabeth SFE)
Hi

If the course was previously funded by the NHS, you will be entitled to full funding for the medicine course.

If you did not get onto the course, then you would still receive funding for the course you are on.

Thanks
The Chemical engineering course is not funded by the NHS does that mean I am not entitled to full funding for the medicine course then?
Elizabeth SFE
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

If the new course in medicine was previously funded by the NHS then you should be entitled to full funding as we don't take account of your previous study at your Chemical Engineering course.

Apologies for any confusion.
Carol Lewis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I already have an HNC, will I get support for another HNC in a different subject?
Victoria SFE
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Carol Lewis)
If I already have an HNC, will I get support for another HNC in a different subject?
HI Carol, we would not provide funding if you already hold an ELQ. thanks
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?