Turn on thread page Beta

Do Helix piercings hurt? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I am just wondering if it hurts to get a helix piercing? On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being no pain at all, and 10 being agony)

I think I am fairly good with pain, I've had 3 tattoos and lip fillers etc where the pain is all bearable, but I was still wondering!

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty sore at the time, (when it was actually pierced) not enough to make me cry out or anything. But it was mildly sore for a long time after, maybe until the next day. I had mine done about a month ago and now, when someone touches it or if I sleep on it, it can be really sore, like a really bad bruise. I've had to change how I sleep because of it! But don't worry, all that sounds bad but it's really not, and I'm sure if you've had tattoos and other piercings it will be fine in comparison Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 3 out of 10. The moment you actually get it feels just like a pinch, I barely noticed it (and my pain threshold is not particularly high or anything!).
    It takes AGES to heal though. I could hardly touch my ear in the following weeks, it even bleeded from time to time and so on. But it'll pass eventually, and now I love it and am thinking of getting a second piercing I got my helix in December, I'd say that by the following summer at the latest it had completely healed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triggerd)
    I'd say 3 out of 10. The moment you actually get it feels just like a pinch, I barely noticed it (and my pain threshold is not particularly high or anything!).
    It takes AGES to heal though. I could hardly touch my ear in the following weeks, it even bleeded from time to time and so on. But it'll pass eventually, and now I love it and am thinking of getting a second piercing I got my helix in December, I'd say that by the following summer at the latest it had completely healed.
    Thank you - very helpful I think it will be ok as long as I clean it regularly etc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePancake)
    It's pretty sore at the time, (when it was actually pierced) not enough to make me cry out or anything. But it was mildly sore for a long time after, maybe until the next day. I had mine done about a month ago and now, when someone touches it or if I sleep on it, it can be really sore, like a really bad bruise. I've had to change how I sleep because of it! But don't worry, all that sounds bad but it's really not, and I'm sure if you've had tattoos and other piercings it will be fine in comparison Good luck!!
    Thank you - that doesn't seem too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteMRW)
    Thank you - very helpful I think it will be ok as long as I clean it regularly etc!
    Yeah - I forgot to mention that, but that's really really important! As long as you meticulously clean it, you'll be fine.
    A tip: don't use peroxide, it slows down the healing process and it's unnecessarily aggressive. Physiological saline is absolutely OK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triggerd)
    Yeah - I forgot to mention that, but that's really really important! As long as you meticulously clean it, you'll be fine.
    A tip: don't use peroxide, it slows down the healing process and it's unnecessarily aggressive. Physiological saline is absolutely OK!
    Thanks!!! Very helpful

ReputationRep:
    Im scared of getting mine done I need like numbers on a scale of 1-10 being no pain to really bad pain can someone give me advice ....

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.