Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The dreaded vote of confidence for Claudio Ranieri Watch

• TSR Support Team

Usually this translate to having a couple games to save your job, is the end near for Ranieri if he doesn't win the next two or three games?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38896070

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Dilly Ding, Dilly Dong is going to lighten this particular situation.

ReputationRep:
    Considering Ranieri kept them up with the great escape in 2014/15 and then won the title with them in 2015/16, I'd be surprised if they sacked him before the end of the season. If they get relegated or the players kick up a fuss at the end of the season then I could see the club firing?

ReputationRep:
    It's a tough decision considering what he achieved last season however I do feel he is worth sticking with. I don't think he has been helped by his players suffering a major drop in performances (expected in their case) that no-one could have foreseen. He's in the same boat as them and as Jamie Carragher said on Sunday, they all will be linked to the two facts that they won the title in a miraculous season then went down the next. I'd imagine future interviews on last season will include the drop if they did go down.

I'm not sure Ranieri set the right tone at the start of the season talking about "40 points" and talk of survival. He'd have been worth trying to approach the season in terms of trying to get to the top again rather than the doom and gloom of relegation. His signings haven't been fruitful either and Kante's departure can't hide the players from last season have performed meekly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Considering Ranieri kept them up with the great escape in 2014/15 and then won the title with them in 2015/16, I'd be surprised if they sacked him before the end of the season. If they get relegated or the players kick up a fuss at the end of the season then I could see the club firing?
    14/15 was Pearson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    14/15 was Pearson
    **** that's even more impressive that he won the title with his first season.

Who are the alternatives out there?

ReputationRep:
    **** that's even more impressive that he won the title with his first season.

Nigel Pearson

ReputationRep:
    Luckily for Ranieri, there aren't any names who are lurking over his shoulder for his job. Only one I could think of was Roberto Mancini, who sparked rumours for the West Ham job recently (more likely he was watching West Ham v City).

I actually think if Ranieri and his players came together and they survived and Hull were relegated or survived under the stewardship of Silva, I could imagine Leicester being impressed sufficiently to part company with Ranieri and appoint him. But that's a prediction I'm throwing out there. Hope Ranieri turns it around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Luckily for Ranieri, there aren't any names who are lurking over his shoulder for his job. Only one I could think of was Roberto Mancini, who sparked rumours for the West Ham job recently (more likely he was watching West Ham v City).

I actually think if Ranieri and his players came together and they survived and Hull were relegated or survived under the stewardship of Silva, I could imagine Leicester being impressed sufficiently to part company with Ranieri and appoint him. But that's a prediction I'm throwing out there. Hope Ranieri turns it around.
    Silva could do better than Leicester if he continues his work at Hull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Nigel Pearson
    Haha would be funny to see.

Yea makes sense. Does Mancini have any experience in relegation fights? Just imagine you have to wait till the end of the season if you are the owners.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's a tough decision considering what he achieved last season however I do feel he is worth sticking with. I don't think he has been helped by his players suffering a major drop in performances (expected in their case) that no-one could have foreseen. He's in the same boat as them and as Jamie Carragher said on Sunday, they all will be linked to the two facts that they won the title in a miraculous season then went down the next. I'd imagine future interviews on last season will include the drop if they did go down.

I'm not sure Ranieri set the right tone at the start of the season talking about "40 points" and talk of survival. He'd have been worth trying to approach the season in terms of trying to get to the top again rather than the doom and gloom of relegation. His signings haven't been fruitful either and Kante's departure can't hide the players from last season have performed meekly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not a tough decision at all - he stays as long as he wants. I've known us most of my life as a mediocre championship side, even this is punching higher than normal (certainly a couple of years ago our average position post war was 22nd), his achievements make a mockery of everything I've ever known about my side.

He's made a few mistakes this season - letting the preseason be more about PR than fitness, just trying to plug the kante gap (very few sides in world football have a chance of doing so) rather than adjust to compensate for his loss, but that's not caused Vardy to stop closing and hassling, or huth and Morgan's legs to have completely gone, nor is it his fault the DOF was tasked with new CBs and took an entire transfer window to find just one. It's a collective fault, but ultimately it's the players from last season who seem almost happy to just try and coast it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.