Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it easy to find a civil engineering job in the UK? Which branch of civil engineering has a great work opportunity in the UK? (I am a civil engineering student abroad, who thinks to get a master degree in the UK and work there.)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    First off you may want to check if you have any visa restrictions as that will have a major impact on whether you can apply for jobs. Do a search of jobs available to get an idea of what's currently out there but bear in mind that it might change and you may have specific things that you're looking for in a job too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amplus)
    Is it easy to find a civil engineering job in the UK? Which branch of civil engineering has a great work opportunity in the UK? (I am a civil engineering student abroad, who thinks to get a master degree in the UK and work there.)
    At the moment there seems to be quite a lot of work in the civil and structural engineering related field, but if you're not a UK/EU national it might be difficult to secure such work due to visas. I would look into the visa process.

ReputationRep:
    I will need visa after my study. But, wouldn't studying in the UK make me find jobs easier?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amplus)
    I will need visa after my study. But, wouldn't studying in the UK make me find jobs easier?
    If you need a visa it isn't a good idea to pin your hopes on working in the UK. Whether or not you've studied in the UK you still have to meet the visa requirements which are very difficult to do.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.