Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Health and Fitness ideas please! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone on here had any really good tips fir weight loss? I am looking to lose about 10lb as quickly (but safely) as possible

My diet isn't particularly bad - just normal really, and I exercise when I can but was looking for good tips if possible.

Ta!

ReputationRep:
    Buy a fitbit and set it to weight loss. My gf lost a stone since christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Buy a fitbit and set it to weight loss. My gf lost a stone since christmas.
    Good idea - thank you

ReputationRep:
    "My diet isn't particularly bad" explains it all. You have no idea what you're eating on a daily basis, track it for a week and you'd be surprised. All losing weight is down to is Calories in vs Calories out.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the FAQ, read the section on weight loss

ReputationRep:
    If you want to lose quickly but still safely, cut carbs down pretty low, cut sugar and increase protein, fiber and some fat. For me, and for the majority of people I know, cutting carbs is a sure-fire way to lose quickly.

ReputationRep:
    it's pretty simple - eat less and move more...

It would probably help to keep a food diary for a week to see what you're eating right now and then identify what you can easily cut out (e.g. if you always grab a couple of biscuits mid afternoon swap that for an apple, if you always eat chocolate in the evening than buy some freddos or have yoghurt instead, if you buy pizza in the canteen then start making your own wraps to take with you). Also set yourself minimum goals for exercises, e.g. you must work out 4 times a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteMRW)
    Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone on here had any really good tips fir weight loss? I am looking to lose about 10lb as quickly (but safely) as possible

My diet isn't particularly bad - just normal really, and I exercise when I can but was looking for good tips if possible.

Ta!
    It just sounds like you need some structure. You say your diet isn't bad, but even so are you aware of how many calories you're taking in on a normal day? https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ is a great way of keeping track of what you're eating and how many calories you're taking in daily.

As for exercise, I know I personally had trouble keeping to a gym schedule and really maximizing my efforts. It wasn't until I found a Beachbody program I really liked (p90x) that I started really being consistent and seeing results. I'm currently doing the newest in the p90 line p90X3: https://www.beachbody.com/product/fi...ming-online.do but if I ere you I would check out one of their free trials and shop around to see if any look good to you.

ReputationRep:
    Anavar.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.