Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I just had a problem that I've wanted to ask for help with from anyone who can!
    Currently, I am holding an offer at UCL (which I will firm) and so I am looking into accommodation for first year. However, I will only be able to live out during first year if I am able to receive a scholarship and/or bursary, otherwise I will not have the funds to support myself (particularly since its London). Nevertheless, I live in greater London (about 50 mins tube from UCL) so it's not actually necessary to live out, however I would much rather live out anyway haha. Anyway, the questions I wanted to ask were:
    - When is the opening date for applications for scholarships at UCL and when will I hear back about the application?
    - Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
    - Are bursaries guaranteed for everyone below the specified household income?
    - And most importantly, in the case that I don't get a scholarship (and so cannot fund accommodation) will it be possible to cancel this accommodation between the time I find out about the scholarship and the time my accommodation contract begins?
    Thank you, and sorry for the overload of questions! Much of this info wasn't really explained on the UCL website!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit useless, but I also looked through their scholarships/bursary page and it looks like nothings open for applications just yet, and probably won't be until about March-ish I think.

The UCL website says
    "All full-time UK/EU students who apply for income-assessed student support (including those provided in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland or via the NHS Grants Unit), where assessed household income is £42,875 or less (for 2016 entry), will be eligible to receive a UCL Undergraduate Bursary."
    so if nothings changed, yeah, looks pretty guaranteed thank god.
    Also says "If you would like to be considered for funding for more than one programme of study, you must submit separate scholarship applications (including full documentation) for each of the programmes for which you are seeking funding." I guess being able to apply for multiple scholarships is possible too yay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.