Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

False Advertising with Automobiles watch

Announcements
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Clearly somone has just made a mistake when typing in the price. So they don't have to sell it to you. But now you've told them about the mistake they have to correct it.

ReputationRep:
    The terms of use excludes liability for errors etc. Many print adverts have a simple "E&OE" (errors & omissions excepted) somewhere in the small print.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    1 - no they are not obligated to give it to you for $5k. clearly, it was a mistake and thats all.
    2 - what the hell do you need an suv for? are you not a 18 year old? buy something more economical. or buy a bicycle.
    Dude, I'm 16.
    I wanted to get that one because it was cheap and looked like a really good deal. I decided I wanted to buy it before I realized it was supposed to cost 50,000.
    I have a bicycle but that does a whole lot of good when I have to travel at least 15 miles to go anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Clearly somone has just made a mistake when typing in the price. So they don't have to sell it to you. But now you've told them about the mistake they have to correct it.
    They told me that it would be fixed by midnight tonight. That is not very professional.

They had to have typed the price in twice, because it is listed as the price and the msrp which are two very different things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    They told me that it would be fixed by midnight tonight. That is not very professional.

They had to have typed the price in twice, because it is listed as the price and the msrp which are two very different things.
    Well maybe the mistake was on the page the guy who typed it in was working from, in any case it doesn't really matter.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.