Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in my first year studying biomedical science with ambition to study grad medicine in the future. I have an interview this Thursday for a part-time HCA position (16-20 hours). I will be trained and offered to work towards an NVQ in Health and Social Care level 3.

I was wondering if there was anyone else who worked as an HCA while studying at university and their experiences.

How beneficial would this be for me when applying for graduate medicine?

I'd like to add that either way I am looking for a job and I'd feel more comfortable working retail. However, if this would give me an advantage when it came to my eventual grad medicine application then I'd prefer the HCA job and would put 110% into it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Relevant experience and a certification will definitely help but remember that when it comes to your application and personal statement reflection is key so think of what you learnt and how it applies and will be helpful to medicine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.