Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes see the same guy in my public transportation. I don't know how to approach people, especially in a bus so, how do i do it...?
    I have never talked to him, except, well one day I was talking to my guy friend that takes the same bus and I would sometimes just bring him up in the conversation, and when i ended it, he would follow up with a question, leaving me to end it and then we would go silent.

ReputationRep:
    If this guy regularly rides the same but then make quick eye contact and say 'hi' casually. Do this a few times so it's not so unfamiliar to speak to him then up your games and mention the weather or something casual like that and hopefully he'll respond in a positive manner.
    If you do strike up a conversation be sure to ask him questions to keep the conversation flowing. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefully1)
    If this guy regularly rides the same but then make quick eye contact and say 'hi' casually. Do this a few times so it's not so unfamiliar to speak to him then up your games and mention the weather or something casual like that and hopefully he'll respond in a positive manner.
    If you do strike up a conversation be sure to ask him questions to keep the conversation flowing. Good Luck!
    Great idea!! Thank you so much!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2017
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.