Turn on thread page Beta

My mums mentally ill and its effecting my mental state, id like to move out at 16? watch

    • Thread Starter

    my mum is very mentally ill ( she has PTSD and depression) and its really effecting my mental state, to the point where im not afraid to die anymore because shes told implied I'm going to die/get hurt. Im nearly 16 and i think id like to move out, can i get benefits and actually move out ?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    At 16 it would be difficult to get benefits for yourself and somewhere to live, in expectational circumstances it s possible so consider calling your local councils housing team or social services I suppose.

    Have you got any other family members who know about this or who you trust? have you got any younger siblings who live with your mother?
    • #1

    Yes do it! You can get a house nearby it will be just the same. Hope you're okay.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2017
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.