The Student Room Group

BSc vs BBA: Which is best (for me)?

Hi! Firstly, sorry if my questions are stupid, I'm foreign
I just received an email from Lancaster University saying that I could choose between:

"Management (study abroad) BBA hons" (AAA requirement)
and
"Business studies (study abroad) BSc hons" (AAB requirement)

I checked the courses details and I think they're pretty similar, so no need to get into detail about that.
I understand that BBA is 4 years and BSc is 3 years. Both offer a year abroad during 2d year. The main difference seems to be that BBA offers a year of paid intern ship during 3d year. Also, the BBA requires AAA in stead of AAB so it may
be more reputable and better quality than the BSc I assume

Here's my case: I don't want to find a job just after graduating. I wish to do a postgraduate course after graduating, hopefully in a reputable university abroad
So which course do you think is more suitable for me? Which is more aimed to get me in the workforce, and which is more aimed to get me a reputable degree that would get me accepted in a great postgraduate degree afterwords?

Thank you :smile: And sorry is the questions are odd, don't hesitate to ask if there is something unclear about my concerns
Thanks again!
Original post by JoeJoeJoeJoeJoe
Hi! Firstly, sorry if my questions are stupid, I'm foreign
I just received an email from Lancaster University saying that I could choose between:

"Management (study abroad) BBA hons" (AAA requirement)
and
"Business studies (study abroad) BSc hons" (AAB requirement)

I checked the courses details and I think they're pretty similar, so no need to get into detail about that.
I understand that BBA is 4 years and BSc is 3 years. Both offer a year abroad during 2d year. The main difference seems to be that BBA offers a year of paid intern ship during 3d year. Also, the BBA requires AAA in stead of AAB so it may
be more reputable and better quality than the BSc I assume

Here's my case: I don't want to find a job just after graduating. I wish to do a postgraduate course after graduating, hopefully in a reputable university abroad
So which course do you think is more suitable for me? Which is more aimed to get me in the workforce, and which is more aimed to get me a reputable degree that would get me accepted in a great postgraduate degree afterwords?

Thank you :smile: And sorry is the questions are odd, don't hesitate to ask if there is something unclear about my concerns
Thanks again!

It sounds like you'd have the flexibility to swap between the two courses once you start - in which case it's best to ALWAYS go for the LONGER course. It's easier to swap down to a shorter course than up to a longer one (especially for student finance purposes).

If you ask for the BBA then don't get AAA then they're likely to consider you for the BSc if they can't accept you onto the BBA with slightly lower grades.

A years paid internship isn't going to damage your chances for a postgrad degree - especially in a subject like business where practical applications are so important to academic study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending