I'm apathetic to life Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm extremely bored of life and I really don't care if I live or not. This is not the same thing as being suicidal, I'm not suicidal so don't ban this topic or whatever.

I just don't see how most people can look at life and think 'This is great! Well worth living!' As far as I'm concerned, almost anyone who's a rational thinker would be like me and say we're going to die anyway, life isn't great and I've evolved not to have the irrational human gene of survival.

Life is simply the time to spend planning your death.

You're all young, modern people on here so you simply won't get it.

I've already planned my death though wil probably have to wait some years or decades before being able to carry it out to the exact specifications I want.

Why am I saying this? I'm not entirely sure, I'm just bored of everything, bored and tired of life and felt like discussing seeing if anyone can convince me that there is a purpose, a point, an excitement to life.

As far as I see, there is absolutely nothing to look forward to in life except maybe the one in a milion shot I may become successful, which considering the large chance of that not happening, it's blatantly not worth the risk of living a miserable, boring life hoping.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
If it makes you feel better ... you just summed my life up
tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report 3 years ago
same i think like this sometimes
TheGoodPharaoh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're right. I don't get it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm suprised at the reaction, I was expected to get hounded on here instead everyone, so far, has agreed with me and can't give any ideas of what to look forward to in life because there is nothing to look forward to in life.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Doesn't nature wow you?
What about experiences? Is there nothing like skydiving etc that you want to do?

I think everyone thinks like that at some point in life
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I kinda agree I wish I could help you! I just look at it one step at a time. It seems really sad but I just look forward to maybe a program I like, so I think oh well that's at least another week I have to be alive for, to watch that next episode. Or like a day out or night with my friends, something to look forward to. Just the little things that are happening soon, that way I can just keep going in little bits, rather than thinking "in 20 years I might get to do this" etc. I can't look that far ahead. I don't see myself as becoming successful and it just makes me depressed thinking about it. Maybe this is the same with you?

I'd say just look at little things to look forward to. Heck, even if it's just a nice meal you're going to eat when you get home! Or a day off work/uni/school/college, or a holiday you have booked, or even 'holiday time' that you can use to rest and chill. Those little things help me get through each day. I'll think about the bigger stuff when I survive the smaller stuff :')
prazzyjazzy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sometimes I have thoughts like that..

..and then I snap out of it and internally cringe at myself.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used to and still feel kind of the same but you know what, somewhere out there it's a different world be it a rural area in America, a village in Africa to a Japanese city. Take up some hobbies, you have the freedom to do whatever, sure we're all going to die and most people hope to live a life that will live on when they die or to be missed when they die… living to die is a waste, find something to do. Your idea of success is probably becoming rich and/or famous, in which case no wonder your apathetic to life, you have no true appreciation for it.
CraigBackner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you need jesus
username2926188
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can RE bloody LATE
QuantumSnowy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We're going to all die any way, there isn't a point to life, its all pointless, why should we be happy seems to be the question, right?

Why does there have to be a point to it all though, whats wrong with something being pointless?

We despair when life fails to meet the ideals we ascribe to it, but life is absurd. There are no inherent ideals, there is no greater meaning, there is just life. There's no point in looking for any inherent meaning in life, you are destined to be disappointed by your search, so just embrace the absurdity of life. You have no reason to be unhappy, so choose to be happy. Nothing more to it.

We cannot change what happens to us, life just so happens to be a sequence of random events, out of our hands for the most part, what good will being unhappy help you with? Its undeniable that you can feel good in life from various 'pointless' things. Be it an adrenaline rush from sports or playing a game you enjoy or reading a book you are enthralled by. any of these are events in your life that make you feel a little better. Even if you think these are superficial pleasures, and do nothing to overthrow the greater meaninglessness of it all, so what? There's no denying you enjoyed it, there's no denying you felt a bit better, it did something, it has some value right?

Embrace the smaller pleasures of life, and forget about any kind of grander scheme of things, there's nothing to it, don't spare it a thought. Just choose to be happy doing whatever you're doing.

Oh yeah, and read some Camus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (237)
66.2%
No (121)
33.8%

Watched Threads