Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys !
    I'm really interested in doing a foundation year of medicine in London in September 2017 .... but I was too busy with school that I couldn't take the IELTS exam. In your opinion can I start the course and do it there in London ? If yes, in which university ?
    Thank you in advice
    Bianca

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biancabriata)
    Hi guys !
    I'm really interested in doing a foundation year of medicine in London in September 2017 .... but I was too busy with school that I couldn't take the IELTS exam. In your opinion can I start the course and do it there in London ? If yes, in which university ?
    Thank you in advice
    Bianca

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have missed the deadline for courses starting Sept 2017, it was 15th October 2016.
    The deadline for courses beginning September 2018 will be October 15th 2017.

Just to add, there isn't a foundation year of medicine that stands on its own. Some medical schools offer 6 year courses, with the first year being a foundation year but it is not a separate entity.

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about medicine degree courses with a foundation year you could just apply and then do the IELTS after you get an offer - unis give out conditional offers quite often based on this. You'd need to do the test before you start the course. AFAIK King's is the only London uni offering a foundation year course. And if they have the same deadline as normal medicine courses you're too late - you should've applied before 15.10.

If you're talking about being a foundation year doctor I don't know how to help tbh. I'd expect you'd have to do the test before starting in your post though.

Anyway I'd recommend taking the test asap. It's pretty easy and if you're applying to study medicine/work as a doctor in English I'm sure you'd do well enough with minimal prep. The test itself takes about 4 hours so it's definitely manageable even if you're busy. Getting it over and done with would mean you have one less thing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.