Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright, so I do Bio chem and maths for A levels. The only real exam I'm doing this year is maths as I'm year 12 taking new a levels for bio and chem. So as the holidays are approaching I really want to revise and catch up and get an A in maths this year. Any revsion in techniques that may help ? I do AQA exam boards. Also, how should I revise bio and chem?
    Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on AQA for maths & last year I pretty much just did a load of questions/past papers - nothing's better than practise! Now is also the time to spot any weaknesses and focus on improving those topics. There are many websites out there with additional questions (so you don't use up all of the past exam questions), my personal favourite being this website. AS material is under: maths booklets - basic topics. There are also some practise papers (they're a little harder than the AS papers, but they're good for consolidating knowledge! )

It also helps to time yourself doing things - yes, it sounds kind of obvious, but I've found that if I specifically allot a certain amount of time per topic, I'm far more productive (if not, I either not do enough of something because I end up thinking 'ah, I've had enough rn'; or I spend ageees on one topic and then not get onto the next).

It'll also help to work out which times you work best, and concentrate your revision then. I find that I'm most productive from 3pm-5pm, so most of my work is done then. I'm also productive from 7pm-9pm. On weekends, I don't work before 11.30am

Sorry for the waffle - I hope that helped! I don't take bio or chem I'm afraid, but for physics I'm making flashcards/doing practise questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren-x-)
    I'm on AQA for maths & last year I pretty much just did a load of questions/past papers - nothing's better than practise! Now is also the time to spot any weaknesses and focus on improving those topics. There are many websites out there with additional questions (so you don't use up all of the past exam questions), my personal favourite being this website. AS material is under: maths booklets - basic topics. There are also some practise papers (they're a little harder than the AS papers, but they're good for consolidating knowledge! )

It also helps to time yourself doing things - yes, it sounds kind of obvious, but I've found that if I specifically allot a certain amount of time per topic, I'm far more productive (if not, I either not do enough of something because I end up thinking 'ah, I've had enough rn'; or I spend ageees on one topic and then not get onto the next).

It'll also help to work out which times you work best, and concentrate your revision then. I find that I'm most productive from 3pm-5pm, so most of my work is done then. I'm also productive from 7pm-9pm. On weekends, I don't work before 11.30am

Sorry for the waffle - I hope that helped! I don't take bio or chem I'm afraid, but for physics I'm making flashcards/doing practise questions
    Thanks so much for the help! I'll take your advice for the holidays. Hopefully I'll also find out what times I work best but I can never work in mornings lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afghan-superman)
    Thanks so much for the help! I'll take your advice for the holidays. Hopefully I'll also find out what times I work best but I can never work in mornings lol
    Haha, same here! I can't work without having some breakfast and/or coffee lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.