Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-02-07-19-03-30_1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  65.7 KB I'm currently in my second year of sixth form and not doing maths, however I decided that with the course I wanna apply for in uni, it was best I get an A level in maths. My school will only let me take the AS modules (C1, C2 and S1) and I have decided to apply as an external applicant to take the A2 modules elsewhere. I have chosen to apply for C3, C4 and M1, however I am not sure about how to fill in the application form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_1498)
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-02-07-19-03-30_1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  65.7 KB I'm currently in my second year of sixth form and not doing maths, however I decided that with the course I wanna apply for in uni, it was best I get an A level in maths. My school will only let me take the AS modules (C1, C2 and S1) and I have decided to apply as an external applicant to take the A2 modules elsewhere. I have chosen to apply for C3, C4 and M1, however I am not sure about how to fill in the application form.
    It's unlikely that you'll get through C1-C4, S1 and M1 in time for the exams' season, on top of you current A-levels.

Do you have a place at uni already that you're happy to take up? If so I'd take that. Otherwise a gap year is your best bet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    It's unlikely that you'll get through C1-C4, S1 and M1 in time for the exams' season, on top of you current A-levels.

Do you have a place at uni already that you're happy to take up? If so I'd take that. Otherwise a gap year is your best bet.
    I forgot to mention that I had already previously done the first year in maths but I had dropped it, so C1, C2 and S1 is just revision to me.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention that I had already previously done the first year in maths but I had dropped it, so C1, C2 and S1 is just revision to me.
    Oh you *should* be fine then, but it'll be a struggle. What grade do you need for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Oh you *should* be fine then, but it'll be a struggle. What grade do you need for it?
    For the course I am applying for, I pretty much need a B, minimum C as one of the unis I am interested in can take as low as a C for mechanical engineering. Of course I'd very much like to get an A, but chances are I might just get a B at my current rate.

ReputationRep:
    Mr M should be able to help with this
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by crashMATHS)
    Mr M should be able to help with this
    He really needs to contact the Exams Officer at the Centre he intends to use.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.