Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I crushing on random people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I literally crush on random people that catch my eye. No joke I think I actually freak them out. e.g. I catch a train every morning and back to school with my friends and I saw this guy and he caught my attention immediatly. However, he has been on my train for years and I have never noticed him before. Everytime I'm on the train and I'm not talking to my friends I would just be observing this person. I don't know if its crushing but I notice things different about them, the way they talk and how they act and stuff. This lasts about a month and then I just don't care about that person anymore.Is there something wrong with me?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20.da)
    I literally crush on random people that catch my eye. No joke I think I actually freak them out. e.g. I catch a train every morning and back to school with my friends and I saw this guy and he caught my attention immediatly. However, he has been on my train for years and I have never noticed him before. Everytime I'm on the train and I'm not talking to my friends I would just be observing this person. I don't know if its crushing but I notice things different about them, the way they talk and how they act and stuff. This lasts about a month and then I just don't care about that person anymore.Is there something wrong with me?
    I can kind of relate-ish sort of. Perhaps you are lonely or haven't had a proper relationship before? That isn't a bad thing, but can just make you want relationships or attach yourself to others easily. This can be the case if you had a bad relationship as well or stress about life and other things at times and use it as an escape. A bit like Walter Mitty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20.da)
    I do that too 😳 I have random short term crushes but I tell myself it's just a small crush hahaha. I don't like thinking about it too much. But like you, I'm observant person and I notice details about people but I don't dwell on it too much. I have a good memory usually but I don't want people to think I'm too eager or "obsessed" with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I can kind of relate-ish sort of. Perhaps you are lonely or haven't had a proper relationship before? That isn't a bad thing, but can just make you want relationships or attach yourself to others easily. This can be the case if you had a bad relationship as well or stress about life and other things at times and use it as an escape. A bit like Walter Mitty.
    Yeah I haven't been in a relationship before and to be honest first three years of secondary school I thought there was something wrong with me cause other girls were getting in relationships and stuff... Now i don't care as much cause my GCSEs are stressing me out anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_popper)
    I do that too 😳 I have random short term crushes but I tell myself it's just a small crush hahaha. I don't like thinking about it too much. But like you, I'm observant person and I notice details about people but I don't dwell on it too much. I have a good memory usually but I don't want people to think I'm too eager or "obsessed" with them.
    hahaha this is so accurate. I didn't even know if I should title it as a crush because I honestly don't think it is.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.