Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am doing my GCSE's I feel absolutely shattered when I come from school sometimes I am able to nap afterwards for 30 minutes which works really well as I am able to revise and sleep at night.I sleep on average 8+ hours a night but I still feel extremely tired.I sometimes cannot sleep after school but I do not have enough energy to study.During the weekend I sometimes struggle to revise too as my sleep is poor sometimes.

I feel like my energy levels really get in my way of revision.I used to wake up at 5-6 am sleep after school for 30 minutes I would revise for 2-3 hours per night and everything was working well.But now I cannot get up in the morning at 7.I do not learn that much in school anyway most of my educating is done at home at a much quicker pace so that worked so well for me.

I revise quite well during half terms I revise for hours.Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're not eating properly?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it might be best to see your GP if it continues. You could have iron deficiency which is causing the lack of energy and increased tiredness.

That might be a bit premature but since your exams aren't that long away, it's better to find out sooner than later.

I was exactly like you. I was ALWAYS tired, no matter how much sleep I had and I lacked energy almost constantly so it was a massive struggle for me to pay attention for long periods of time. I went to see my GP, and although everything turned out fine from my blood results, they did give me some sleeping pills just to help me to try get into a better sleeping routine.

This may be good for you as well. If you haven't done so already, get yourself into a normal routine i.e. go to bed a certain time each day to allow yourself enough sleep and don't take too many naps.

As Pharaoh said as well, make sure you're eating well enough and keeping yourself regularly hydrated as this could contribute to things.

Create a schedule. I know it sounds boring and may not seem worth it, but if you plan what time you'll wake up everyday, do your morning routine (brush, shower, get dressed, eat etc) then you will know how much time it takes. You can then wake up at a certain time, get that done and have time to revise in the morning, although that does sound boring.

You can also revise during break times in school, or revise at home after school until 9, then go to sleep.

You will have to try and find a way around it so that you can talk to mates, go out etc, and still be able to revise as much as you think you should. Revising with a friend could help to also learn more.

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of problems with fatigue, and when I went for a blood test they put me on iron and vitamin D, which helped a little. Maybe you should go for one just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Create a schedule. I know it sounds boring and may not seem worth it, but if you plan what time you'll wake up everyday, do your morning routine (brush, shower, get dressed, eat etc) then you will know how much time it takes. You can then wake up at a certain time, get that done and have time to revise in the morning, although that does sound boring.

You can also revise during break times in school, or revise at home after school until 9, then go to sleep.

You will have to try and find a way around it so that you can talk to mates, go out etc, and still be able to revise as much as you think you should. Revising with a friend could help to also learn more.
    My break is incredibly short in school 1 10 minute break and 30-minute break.Before I get downstairs to the library or have lunch I only get enough time to go to the bathroom and to lessons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent19)
    I have a lot of problems with fatigue, and when I went for a blood test they put me on iron and vitamin D, which helped a little. Maybe you should go for one just in case.
    I had some done in December 22 however I am not sure what htey had actually tested for.I had all blood tests done in September though everything was good but things could have changed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I had some done in December 22 however I am not sure what htey had actually tested for.I had all blood tests done in September though everything was good but things could have changed?
    They could have changed. Maybe you should make an appointment with your GP anyway. It might be your diet or something

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.