Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert! Watch

ReputationRep:

Edit: Through my extensive research and knowing a few people who went to that exact concert there are rumours thegirls were infact somali.
    How out of like 10k audience does he notice a few hijabis there and has the audacity to tell them to take it off. :curious:

OPINIONS MY TSRians!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think he was right to do that.

ReputationRep:
    LMAAAOOOO Jrake is me when @ 3 am doing my essays

ReputationRep:
    No proof it's a Muslim.

Nothing to see here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    I think he was right to do that.
    He has a right to tell somebody else to take their HIJAB of? :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    He has a right to tell somebody else to take their scarf of? :gasp:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I dont give a **** what happened to be honest.
    Its up to them if they want to do it or not. It was up to them to be a fan or not.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    One of the benefits of free speech is that people can say whatever they want. And you are free to judge them on that, but you are not free to dictate what they can/cannot say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    Yes.
    So if you came to one of my shows for example and you wear a crucifix i have a right to tell you to take that necklace off.

ReputationRep:

How out of like 10k audience does he notice a few hijabis there and has the audacity to tell them to take it off. :curious:

OPINIONS MY TSRians!!!!
    It really saddens me to think that most non Muslims think that the hijab is a sign of oppression where it is actually a symbol of your love for Allah :/

ReputationRep:
    In the muslim faith the hijab is not a required article of clothing it does not say anywhere in the Qu'ran that women must wear a hijab so being told to take one off is like being told to take your hat off should drake have done it i don't care just thought I'd clear that little misconception up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    I dont give a **** what happened to be honest.
    Its up to them if they want to do it or not. It was up to them to be a fan or not.
    if you dont give a **** why did you post here?
    and yh its up to do but do you think he had any right to tell them to take their hijab off?

ReputationRep:
    So if you came to one of my shows for example and you wear a crucifix i have a right to tell you to take that necklace off.
    Yes. I'm not a christian by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azraall)
    In the muslim faith the hijab is not a required article of clothing it does not say anywhere in the Qu'ran that women must wear a hijab so being told to take one off is like being told to take your hat off should drake have done it i don't care just thought I'd clear that little misconception up

"...and not display their beauty except what is apparent, and they should place their khumur over their bosoms...”
    There are two issues about this sentence.
    What is the meaning of “khumur” used in this verse?

Khumurخُمُرٌ is plural of khimarخِمَارٌ , the veil covering the head.

ReputationRep:
    Lets be real here, what's the point of being modestly dressed at a drake concert.

ReputationRep:
    Yes lol.

Doesn't mean he has to take it off wtf?

ReputationRep:
    Im actually shocked about some people's logic on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Lets be real here, what's the point of being modestly dressed at a drake concert.
    Its seems odd the be covered and go to a Drake concert yes i agree.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is this news?

ReputationRep:
    Why is the thread title so cringe?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.