Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProphetsPath)
    Subhanallah, do you actively search for things like these to persistently comment on or is it a crazy coincidence that you happen to come across them each time?
    And yet here you are. Every time. Coincidence, or are you stalking me?

1) Yes i, obviously, do find sins bad.
    2) If you find that funny you have some dead sense of humour.
    No, you misunderstand. I find it funny that you think listening to music or not showing your hair is a sin.

One of the blessings in islam is that we are here to help each other and want the best for each other.
    If Islam is perfect, why do you all need so much help in following it? Is it really that difficult?

Women should wear it, however if they choose not to wear it it's between them and allah. It's a sin not to wear it, simple.
    You seem to be contradicting yourself here. If it is a command from Allah that women should wear it, a devout Muslimah does not have any choice in the matter.

Perhaps you mean that they have a choice in the same way that we all have a choice whether to pay our taxes or not.

That's a lie, although i'm not surprised that you are resorting to purposefully misconstruing words.
    It's all in this video. At 9:50 onwards he explains that the permission to hit a wife, from whom a husband fears disobedience, should only apply in extreme circumstances.
    Note: He never says that a husband must, or must not hit his wife. He says that it is permitted, under certain conditions - which is exactly what I said.

I will expect your apology by return of post, thanks.

An interesting bit in the video is at 18:20 where he rejects the claims that "waidribu" does not mean hit but rather "move away" or somesuch.
    Also, he states at 0:50 that he wasn't happy with all the scholarly explanations for 4:34 so he "kept digging" till he found a scholar that he agreed with. Hardly an objective approach. But not really surprising as at 1:25 he admits that he starts every inquiry into the Quran with the presumption that it is perfect, and could not be any better, or comtain any fault!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I wonder why Muslims are so over-represented in British prisons then: 14.8% of all prisoners whilst only representing 4% of the population.

Source:
    http://researchbriefings.files.parli...34/SN04334.pdf
    (page 13)
    Obviously it is Islamophobia in the criminal justice system.

There can be no other explanation. I am amazed we haven't heard some SJW make the point already...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaGirl)
    Completely disagree, some kids just do not learn unless they get a few smacks every so often. I never forget that time my mother chased me up the stairs and gave me a few good strikes with her slipper... I never made that mistake again, of course I was much younger but I was terrified of that slipper! :lol:
    Exactly! You obeyed through fear, not reason. Just as you have been taught to do by Allah.
    But you can also get people to do something they know is wrong through fear and threat.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=rhemaehi;70001360

Growing up, my parents would tell me something I was doing wrong. If I chose to ignore them and carry on, I would be told there would be consequences. I would think about what I had done, explain it and once I had understood I would be given a smack.

so...... learn a lesson and get "smacked" anyway?
    Aiyeshagirl says she was hit with a slipper. That is violent and she will do it to her own. And send them away to Egypt, no doubt because violent acts against children are the norm.
    There is no excuse EVER to lay a finger on s child. If you cannot discipline without an act of violence you have failed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Exactly! You obeyed through fear, not reason. Just as you have been taught to do by Allah.
    But you can also get people to do something they know is wrong through fear and threat.
    I don't understand. I don't just obey Allah because I fear the punishments, I obey him because I want the rewards.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, so you are refuting the use of quotations in a discussion now too??
    Lol, if you are hoping for me to write in my own words in the chance i make a small mistake for you to delve into, like many pple on tsr like doing with young pple on here, then sorry but not gonna happen. There's no need, i'm not going to re-write what you already have learnt from someone of knowledge.
    That's just ignorance on your part xxxx
    You can use a quotation from the video if you want, but saying "watch the video" is not debating. I consider that you are unable to explain with your own words the video you linked, so that you don't really understand its arguments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    So it is a bigger crime to disbelieve in him than to kill your fellow human beings?
    Yep, that's what it says in the Quran. To be precise, it says "fitnah is worse than killing" (2:217). In this context, "fitnah" is considered to be the enabling of disbelief.

Wow. Have you thought about the implications of this?

In the world around you?
    Of course not!

ReputationRep:
    Before we all pile on the accusation train, let's analyse what was really said.

"I see you 4 girls right there, I hope you having a good time. You got on that hot ass scarf right there, you might want to take this off. You got to turn *muffled* up. You don't need to come out with that sh*t".

Me being a Muslim women who wears the hijab, I can tell you right now in a crowded place like that you'd get very hot wearing the hijab. My guess is Drake was saying "you should take the scarf off, it's gunna get hot in here".

I don't think for a second it was meant in an offensive way. He would have said the same thing to someone wearing a jacket. I think people are looking into this too much.

But seriously what is a Muslim doing at a concert in the first place... :rolleyes:
    lol You are being sarcastic right??
    You think "Hot a** scarf" is talking about temperature??
    The reason was in order to be "getting turnt the **** up".
    At the end of the day, he has no right to tell someone to take their hijab off, and people are trying to belittle his comment by masking it in the idea that "she shouldn't have been there anyway", which yes she shouldn't have been there but that doesn't give anyone the right to tell her to take of a piece of religious clothing she's wearing.

ReputationRep:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...icide_rate.svg

The darker the blue the more murders committed. You can clearly see a distinct colour difference in the Muslim majority countries. It may not be the lowest everywhere by globally the Muslim countries as a collective seem to be fairly low.

Especially the war free central block in that map.
    Most of the Middle Eastern Muslim countries' colours are the same or darker than many of the Western nations' ones. And that map does not at all take into account the factors that influence and cause murders. Where is your evidence that Muslims, by very nature of their religion, are less likely to kill than non-Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Most of the Middle Eastern Muslim countries' colours are the same or darker than many of the Western nations' ones. And that map does not at all take into account the factors that influence and cause murders. Where is your evidence that Muslims, by very nature of their religion, are less likely to kill than non-Muslims?
    No it's not a lot of the muslim countries are light blue compared to a lot of non muslim countries.

You can just google "murder rates by country" and check the details yourself. I'm not doing the research for you I'm too busy.

ReputationRep:
    You can clearly see a distinct colour difference in the Muslim majority countries. It may not be the lowest everywhere by globally the Muslim countries as a collective seem to be fairly low.
    I suggest you look again. The same article gives the details (listed below) which show an altogether different picture than your glance at the map has given you. Taking the latest murder rate per 100,000 people for the largest Moslem majority countries, we find:

Afghanistan 6.5
    Algeria 1.5
    Bangladesh 2.8
    Egypt 3.4
    Indonesia 0.5
    Iran 3.9
    Iraq 8.0
    Malaysia 2.3
    Morocco 1.0
    Niger 4.7
    Pakistan 7.7
    Saudi Arabia 0.8
    Somalia 5.6
    Sudan 6.5
    Syria 2.2
    Turkey 4.3
    Uzbekistan 3.7
    Yemen 4.8
    Average 3.9

The UK's rate is 0.9. Only two of those countries are lower than that, and most are far higher. Europe's average is 3.0.

It looks as if Moslems do a lot of killing compared to Europeans and, especially, Britons.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not a lot of the muslim countries are light blue compared to a lot of non muslim countries.

You can just google "murder rates by country" and check the details yourself. I'm not doing the research for you I'm too busy.
    The darker the colour, the more homicides per whatever number they quote of inhabitants. And like I explained, this does not take into account any other factors and certainly does not prove Muslims are less likely to kill than non-Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You can use a quotation from the video if you want, but saying "watch the video" is not debating. I consider that you are unable to explain with your own words the video you linked, so that you don't really understand its arguments.
    Who even said i wanted a debate? You stated a lie, so i told you to watch the video in order for you to teach yourself. Be it me or Nouman Ali Khan that said it, you were proven wrong and you have no place to argue on something, stating false things as if they are true, in which you have absolutely no knowledge on.

ReputationRep:
    However, I understand that QE2 doesn't believe in objective morality, and so 'nice' for him will always be subjective and almost always be undefined, objectively. Therefore he is unable to understand what being 'nice' actually means.
    Ironically, it is you who does not believe in objective morality, because you claim that what is "good" or "bad" is simply whatever Allah decrees it to be. Your morality is entirely subjective of Allah's whims. If the Quran had stated that killing your firstborn child as an offering to Allah was the ultimate sign of piety and devotion and guaranteed a place in paradise, you would be on here defending infanticide.

I, on the other hand, derive my morality from simple innate traits like humanity, altruism and the Golden Rule. Unlike you, I could never accept the killing of babies because it involves inflicting suffering on another, when I know that I would not like such suffering inflicted on myself.

This is why you think it is "nice" to keep slaves, rape captives, beat wives and kill apostates, adulterers and homosexuals (all under certain conditions of course - I mean, you're not a monster!), while I think it is "not nice", under any circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    So if you came to one of my shows for example and you wear a crucifix i have a right to tell you to take that necklace off.
    Yes, that is the beauty of free speech. Doesn't mean you are right or wrong. But you have the right to say it, and also have the right to be criticised for saying it. Welcome to the real world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    It is said to cover their breasts, not head. If God had wanted women to cover their head, he would have made it clear.
    If one thing is perfectly clear from Allah's message it is that Allah's message is not at all clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    certainly does not prove Muslims are less likely to kill than non-Muslims.
    It proves the opposite, in fact. See my post above. See has been hoist by her own petard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhemaehi)
    I'm just speaking on the matter of the spanking. A lot of people seem to think a "smack" is the exact same thing as a "hit". Getting a smack on the bottom after I've done something wrong is NOT a hit. It is a SMACK. Slamming my head against a wall for fun is a HIT and therefore ABUSE.
    Yeah, well you try explaining that to Debbie in accounts.

(Original post by rhemaehi)
    When parents choose to DISCIPLINE their kids for correction and to make them a better person it does not matter the method by which they do it e.g. spanking, grounding, chores, etc. What matters is that the child learns the right thing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...cientists.html

ReputationRep:
    Subhan allah if only you realised the amount of deaths attributed to western violence. It would make 9/11 look like child's play.
    1. September 11th didn't happen in a vacuum. It was the meridian of a broader trend of Islamic violence (which is still ongoing).

2. Deaths incurred in war are not murders, unlike the deaths of people going about their own business who are them blasted to smithereens by a hijacked passenger jet.

3. Stop trying to minimize the most horrific attack on civilians since the firebombing of Dresden. It's repulsive.

ReputationRep:
    This thread disgusts me. As a liberal cuck I want to defend muslims but it doesnt help when posters like theprophetspath and aishagirl are beaming examples of why islam and its views are incompatible with the West.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.