Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    1. September 11th didn't happen in a vacuum. It was the meridian of a broader trend of Islamic violence (which is still ongoing).

2. Deaths incurred in war are not murders, unlike the deaths of people going about their own business who are them blasted to smithereens by a hijacked passenger jet.

3. Stop trying to minimize the most horrific attack on civilians since the firebombing of Dresden. It's repulsive.
    I'm not trying to legitimise anything but don't sit there and pretend the west does not commit mass murder.

7 million Jews ring a bell? Or you forgotten about that already? Stalin? Also indiscriminately bombing the living hell out of an civilian populated area does not count as war, that is deliberate mass murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProphetsPath)
    lol You are being sarcastic right??
    You think "Hot a** scarf" is talking about temperature??
    The reason was in order to be "getting turnt the **** up".
    At the end of the day, he has no right to tell someone to take their hijab off, and people are trying to belittle his comment by masking it in the idea that "she shouldn't have been there anyway", which yes she shouldn't have been there but that doesn't give anyone the right to tell her to take of a piece of religious clothing she's wearing.
    I'm saying that given the context I don't think he meant it in an offensive way. I don't think he actually meant it as "I see you with that sexy scarf on"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaGirl)
    I'm not trying to legitimise anything but don't sit there and pretend the west does not commit mass murder.

7 million Jews ring a bell? Or you forgotten about that already? Stalin? Also indiscriminately bombing the living hell out of an civilian populated area does not count as war, that is deliberate mass murder.

The thing is, the west has learned from the past. We do not use mass bombing of civilians any more. Is the same true of the combatants in Syria? Or is there a tendency to stick, morally, with what was good enough in the seventh century?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    If one thing is perfectly clear from Allah's message it is that Allah's message is not at all clear.
    Indeed, it is very strange that the Quran leads to so many different interpretations. Methinks that this book was not written by an all-knowing God, otherwise there would not be any problem of interpretation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    If one thing is perfectly clear from Allah's message it is that Allah's message is not at all clear.
    (Original post by Josb)
    Indeed, it is very strange that the Quran leads to so many different interpretations.
    It is almost as if it had been written by an ordinary man, intent on manipulating his people to fight his wars, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    The thing is, the west has learned from the past. We do not use mass bombing of civilians any more.
    LOL good joke.

ReputationRep:
    I'm saying that given the context I don't think he meant it in an offensive way. I don't think he actually meant it as "I see you with that sexy scarf on"...
    ..Yeah, i'm 100% sure he meant hot as in sexy bro. He wouldn't have said hot as in temperature, and he told her to take it off that was the main offensive part. Even if he didn't describe it as "Hot a** scarf" he told her to take it off which is disrespectful and offensive. But the addition of Hot a** was disrespectful too and he defo didn't mean it as in temperature wise.
    Given the mood and environment and the way he said it, basically the whole context, it's obvs he meant it as sexy and not "take it off because its gonna get hot".

ReputationRep:
    LOL good joke.
    Like your claim that Moslems murder less, and disproved by your own source, eh?

ReputationRep:
    LOL good joke.
    Western countries do not carpet bomb civilians anymore, unless you think that Russia and Saudi Arabia are part of the West.

ReputationRep:
    TSR is the most Islamophobic place online smh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STEMisSuperior.)
    This happened in London.
    Article 10 of the ECHR, give it a read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Article 10 of the ECHR, give it a read
    Did you read the conversation? I never said that it wasn't within Drake's rights to say what he did, I said the 1st amendment is irrelevant you inept fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusarium)
    TSR is the most Islamophobic place online smh.
    You haven't searched very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Western countries do not carpet bomb civilians anymore, unless you think that Russia and Saudi Arabia are part of the West.
    Actually I made a mistake by saying "west". I should have said non muslim nations to include Russia.

..Yeah, i'm 100% sure he meant hot as in sexy bro. He wouldn't have said hot as in temperature, and he told her to take it off that was the main offensive part. Even if he didn't describe it as "Hot a** scarf" he told her to take it off which is disrespectful and offensive. But the addition of Hot a** was disrespectful too and he defo didn't mean it as in temperature wise.
    Given the mood and environment and the way he said it, basically the whole context, it's obvs he meant it as sexy and not "take it off because its gonna get hot".
    How do you know that he knew it was a hijab? Maybe he just thought it was a scarf He also didn't "tell" her to take it off, he said "you might want to take it off".

Another indication that he is suggesting it will be for her benefit, as it's going to get hot.

Be careful when you say things like that because you're basically lying. He did not tell her to take it off.

In fact the moderators should change the title of the thread as it's misleading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STEMisSuperior.)
    Did you read the conversation? I never said that it wasn't within Drake's rights to say what he did, I said the 1st amendment is irrelevant you inept fool.
    I could've guessed a STEMtard would use an ad hominem, how reflective of your liberal tolerance and level of maturity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    I could've guessed a STEMtard would use an ad hominem, how reflective of your liberal tolerance and level of maturity!
    That wasn't an ad hom because this is not an argument, this is just you being an incompetent retard. **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Heat exhaustion is a pretty big thing at concerts, all those bodies jumping around rubbing against each other with plenty of drugs thrown in.

ReputationRep:

The Final Solution was an internal policy of the German Government, so it's not the same as Dresden or 9/11. Same with Stalin and Mao's murders, although both of those countries are entirely or mostly in Asia and it's a pretty well-established fact that Communist states aren't "western" in the sense that you used the word.

We don't indiscriminately bomb civilian areas for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    What implications? If you kill someone you go to prison. If I kill someone I risk going to the hellfire.
    A good Muslim does not risk hellfire for committing a sin. Especially as you can have all your sins expunged by something as simple as pleasantly greeting another Muslim!

Hudhaifa ibn Al-Yaman reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, when the believer meets another believer and greets him with peace and shakes his hand, the sins of them both will shed like the shedding of the leaves of a tree.

Source: al-Muʻjam al-Awsaṭ 253

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

I'd say a Muslim is much less likely to kill than someone who is not Muslim.
    Come on! That's a ridiculous assertion. It depends entirely on context. In the US, you would probably be correct. In Iraq, you would probably be wrong.

Ideologically, a Muslim is more likely to kill someone than a Humanist.

ReputationRep:

Yes you are. Else you wouldn't try to "put it in context".

In addition, those are from 70-80 years ago. Safe to say we have learnt our lesson.

You clearly still haven't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.