Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Some of these responses are shocking.
    I'm Muslim and I don't wear the hijab- everyone has the right to wear whatever the hell they like and some people just need to back off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaGirl)
    I don't understand. I don't just obey Allah because I fear the punishments, I obey him because I want the rewards.
    It's the same principle.
    You should behave well because it is the right thing to do - and you understand that. Not because someone is threatening or bribing you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Why is this relevant? Read the thread title and post relevant things.
    Evidently I was responding to some asinine thing somebody else had said. Read my whole post and reply relevant things.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not a lot of the muslim countries are light blue compared to a lot of non muslim countries.

You can just google "murder rates by country" and check the details yourself. I'm not doing the research for you I'm too busy.
    That map is pretty inconclusive as evidence as it also shows some Muslim countries with the highest rate, and some non-Muslim countries with the lowest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    It wasn't their religious dress, it was their religious scarf.
    ???

religious dress means items of religious clothing, not just dresses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    It's the same principle.
    You should behave well because it is the right thing to do - and you understand that. Not because someone is threatening or bribing you.
    I do behave well, sometimes anyway

ReputationRep:
    How do you know he wasnt talking about a normal neck scarf lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to legitimise anything but don't sit there and pretend the west does not commit mass murder.

7 million Jews ring a bell? Or you forgotten about that already? Stalin? Also indiscriminately bombing the living hell out of an civilian populated area does not count as war, that is deliberate mass murder.
    Interesting that you use Hitler and Stalin as examples of "the west", when in reality their regimes bear more resemblance to religious ideology.

Think about it:
    Revered "father figure" figurehead who cannot be criticised.
    "Sacred" texts from which much policy is derived.
    Ideology based on assertion rather than reason.
    Use of fear and reward to motivate.
    Embraces the concept of expansionism, by force if necessary.
    Abrogation of moral resonsibility to a higher power.
    Intolerance of criticism and dissent
    Severe and brutal punishment for out-groups and opponents.
    And so on.

Personally, I think that the area bombing carried out at the end of WW2 was unjustified. "Bomber" Harris himself admitted that some of the last raids were purely punitive, to send a message to Germany never to rise up again. Kinda like sura 8:37 instructing Muslims to "deal with [those defeated] so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Interesting that you use Hitler and Stalin as examples of "the west", when in reality their regimes bear more resemblance to religious ideology.

Think about it:
    And so on.

Personally, I think that the area bombing carried out at the end of WW2 was unjustified. "Bomber" Harris himself admitted that some of the last raids were purely punitive, to send a message to Germany never to rise up again. Kinda like sura 8:37 instructing Muslims to "deal with [those defeated] so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember."
    Credit where credit is due, you really do try.

ReputationRep:
    LOL good joke.
    Care to give any examples of deliberate, indiscriminate mass bombing of civilians by a member of NATO in the last 50 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Evidently I was responding to some asinine thing somebody else had said. Read my whole post and reply relevant things.
    (Original post by QE2)
    Care to give any examples of deliberate, indiscriminate mass bombing of civilians by a member of NATO in the last 50 years?
    Stay on topic or stop posting.
    S

(Original post by QE2)

Think about it:
    And so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Iraq, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusarium)
    TSR is the most Islamophobic place online smh.
    Demonstrably untrue.
    Try Stormfront, EDL, Britain First, BNP, etc

However, it is true that TSR contains much well-reasoned criticism of Islam as an ideology.

ReputationRep:
    Please be civilised, mature and respectful of others opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lychee627)
    Well thats good you didnt go :rolleyes: so if you were to go in the future , you'd go in a hijab? Then someone would make a post about Drake saying something to you

Why would you even go to a concert in a hijab :erm: like just dont even go so then you dont even have to take the Hijab off?
    i agree with your view and understand your point

ReputationRep:
    Credit where credit is due, you really do try.
    "Just the facts ma'am".

Thanks

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PrincessBO$$)

Edit: Through my extensive research and knowing a few people who went to that exact concert there are rumours thegirls were infact somali.
      How out of like 10k audience does he notice a few hijabis there and has the audacity to tell them to take it off. :curious:

OPINIONS MY TSRians!!!!
      We don't know if the girls were muslim or not and he didn't force them to take it off, I get how you're feeling but still we don't got enough info and we shouldn't judge anyways over something little like that. We should complain how drake is mad overrated tbh tho.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abidbanter)
      We don't know if the girls were muslim or not and he didn't force them to take it off, I get how you're feeling but still we don't got enough info and we shouldn't judge anyways over something little like that. We should complain how drake is mad overrated tbh tho.
      Yh he is overrated he isn't even that good looking and his verses aren't even unique.
      Which rappers do you like?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by QE2)
      "Just the facts ma'am".
      You like to argue right?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.