Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Here is a better perspective y'all should watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)

EDIT: THROUGH MY EXTENSIVE RESEARCH AND KNOWING A FEW PEOPLE WHO WENT TO THAT EXACT CONCERT THERE ARE RUMOURS THEGIRLS WERE INFACT SOMALI

How out of like 10k audience does he notice a few hijabis there and has the audacity to tell them to take it off. :curious:

OPINIONS MY TSRians!!!!
    Asma I came on TSR just to ask why youre STILL on tsr even though you said you were leaving:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azraall)
    In the muslim faith the hijab is not a required article of clothing it does not say anywhere in the Qu'ran that women must wear a hijab so being told to take one off is like being told to take your hat off should drake have done it i don't care just thought I'd clear that little misconception up
    You are lying. You are just spreading a misconception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid12)
    A person shouldn't say anything like that to anyone. They are allowed to wear what they want. Drake wouldn't say that on the street because he would get smacked. But at a safe concert stage with security, Hell yeah!
    They actually aren't allowed to wear whatever they want. Their husbands won't let them lol.

It is paradoxical to be a feminist and in favour of the burka.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how a hijab is affecting Drake, he didn't have to call her out like that

Define proper muslim Ngl im a hijabi and there was 80% i would have went, nearly bought the ticket but my parents said no Im glad i didnt go tho :yep:
      Like why would you even go to the concert in a flipping hijab, use your common sense and not disrespect the womens islamic clothing then! Going to a concert and going to a concert in a job are 2 different things tbh:/

ReputationRep:
      Well the only Drake i've ever heard of is Sir Francis. But then i'm an old fart.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lychee627)
      Like why would you even go to the concert in a flipping hijab, use your common sense and not disrespect the womens islamic clothing then! Going to a concert and going to a concert in a job are 2 different things tbh:/
      No. By that logic if you do any one sin then you aren't a muslim. What kind of logic is it where you imply that you should do one sin if you do another?
      Both are sins, it's easier to repent for one sin than more sins. Go watch the first video i posted, post #42.
      But at the end of the day, Instead of changing your self in order to fit into the role of the sin, change the sin in order to fit the role you want to fit into; which is insha'allah the best muslim you can be.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheProphetsPath)
      You are lying. You are just spreading a misconception.
      She covers her hair up to be modest yet thinks nothing of plastering her face with all that make up??

ReputationRep:
      They're wearing hijabs in the Western world, wtf is wrong with them...

No. By that logic if you do any one sin then you aren't a muslim. What kind of logic is it where you imply that you should do one sin if you do another?
        Both are sins, it's easier to repent for one sin than more sins. Go watch the first video i posted, post #42.
        But at the end of the day, Instead of changing your self in order to fit into the role of the sin, change the sin in order to fit the role you want to fit into; which is insha'allah the best muslim you can be.
        Hence why i said in my first comment , proper muslims shouldnt even go to concerts anyways? So idk what you are talking about , i was jusat saying to her ,if she did go to a concert would she go in a hijab? Clearly not

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Lychee627)
        Hence why i said in my first comment , proper muslims shouldnt even go to concerts anyways? So idk what you are talking about , i was jusat saying to her ,if she did go to a concert would she go in a hijab? Clearly not
        Why shouldn't she wear the hijab?
        You are suggesting it's silly to wear a hijab if you go to a concert, that's wrong.
        Who are we to define a 'proper muslim', everyone sins that doesn't mean one sin should be accompanied by another even bigger one. The sin is still really bad, and they should definitely not do it, but suggesting they should follow it with another one is ignorant.
        • Political Ambassador
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        Girl: I'm going to start wearing a hijab
        Drake: No you're not
        Girl: What
        Drake: WE are going to wear the hijab

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by serah.exe)
        Girl: I'm going to start wearing a hijab
        Drake: No you're not
        Girl: What
        Drake: WE are going to wear the hijab
        You are a meme lord.

ReputationRep:
        Maybe those hijabis shouldn't go to such concerts.
        • Political Ambassador
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by BlindingLight)
        You are a meme lord.
        totally didn't just copy it from twitter
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        was the title edited to seem less intense?

ReputationRep:
        "...and not display their beauty except what is apparent, and they should place their khumur over their bosoms...”
        There are two issues about this sentence.
        What is the meaning of “khumur” used in this verse?

Khumurخُمُرٌ is plural of khimarخِمَارٌ , the veil covering the head.
        Bosoms is not the head.

ReputationRep:
        Why shouldn't she wear the hijab?
        You are suggesting it's silly to wear a hijab if you go to a concert, that's wrong.
        Who are we to define a 'proper muslim', everyone sins that doesn't mean one sin should be accompanied by another even bigger one. The sin is still really bad, and they should definitely not do it, but suggesting they should follow it with another one is ignorant.
        "Who are we to define a proper Muslim?" Muslims do it all the time. Every time there's a terrorist attack. "Well he clearly isn't a proper Muslim or he wouldn't act that way". So which is it? Or do you define who is and isn't a proper Muslim when it suits?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by markova21)
        "Who are we to define a proper Muslim?" Muslims do it all the time. Every time there's a terrorist attack. "Well he clearly isn't a proper Muslim or he wouldn't act that way". So which is it? Or do you define who is and isn't a proper Muslim when it suits?
        There are levels to sins and Allah defines what muslims are. There are certain sins which take you out of the fold of islam. In that situation, for some reason people require an explanation to know that they aren't following islam properly, other situations it's between the muslim and allah. But you really trying to equate going to a concert to killing people?? hmm okay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.